The simFlight Network Forums

kmem is out

Braf123456

Thanks for posting.  Very tempting.  I will have to think about this.  I would also like to hear from others about whether Gabor remembered to define each cargo ramp interdependently, so that the correct airlines can be assigned to the correct ramp.  Kind of odd that they chose to do this airport now, just as a major renovation is beginning, which will result in the terminal configuration being radically changed.  See http://www.flymemphis.com/modernization-images#Modernization-Current2017

Andrew

I, too, tried installing KMEM just now.  I installed to the desktop (it's what works for everything else and where everything else is located), but it won't show up in the Airfields Extension folder.   I'm not smart enough for this... 😑

Edit:  Okay, maybe I spoke too soon!  Unlike all the other airfields that I installed (to the desktop, where the game is) that find their way magically to the Airfields folder, the MEM files were strewn about.  There was no "KMEM" folder in the airfields extension folder either, so I created on and placed all the files in it...success!  Now to redownload RT.  

16 hours ago, Avwriter said:

I would also like to hear from others about whether Gabor remembered to define each cargo ramp interdependently, so that the correct airlines can be assigned to the correct ramp. 

Fedex cargo hub [over 100 gates], ups[4 gates]and general cargo [16 gates]are defined separately

12 minutes ago, hexzed said:

Whos gonna be the first to do a custom schedule? 🤔😁

Hope our amazing members can get one going soon!  😁 Just played the 0600 hour.  1 hr 9 mins....14 departures, 2 arrivals.   

After seeing the RT schedule for KMEM my initial thought was a custom schedule was really needed. However, the closer I looked I found that Real Traffic accurately reflects the typical daily flight ebb and flow, although there should be more GA traffic. Realistically, the commercial flights are relatively light and the cargo flights are either feast or famine.

So, in my opinion, a custom schedule based on REAL flight schedules isn’t worth the effort.

11 minutes ago, crbascott said:

After seeing the RT schedule for KMEM my initial thought was a custom schedule was really needed. However, the closer I looked I found that Real Traffic accurately reflects the typical daily flight ebb and flow, although there should be more GA traffic. Realistically, the commercial flights are relatively light and the cargo flights are either feast or famine.

So, in my opinion, a custom schedule based on REAL flight schedules isn’t worth the effort.

Perhaps a holiday schedule would spice things up a bit?  I would imagine that FedEx, and the pax lines as well, add more flights between Black Friday and Christmas...

Andrew

30 minutes ago, crbascott said:

What periods seem to be the busiest for cargo ops?

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

Yep agreed.  No interest from my end in creating anything custom for MEM.   Airport is too slow.

3 hours ago, CL30 said:

What periods seem to be the busiest for cargo ops?

3:00, 4:00, and 15:00 appear to be the big departure hours (over 50, but hardly any arrivals). 

22:00 and 23:00 are the busy arrival hours (again with very few departures).

There is no time period in the schedule where there are more than 10 departures and more than 10 arrivals in the same hour. As I said, feast or famine. @Avwriter, I don't think even holiday traffic will help spice things up.