The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 for FSX running erratically

I had to reload one of my addon A/C today (twin otter extended).  After reinstalling the throttle controls started to jump all around.  I recalibrated to the the game controllers in both FSX and the game device.  Still not reacting at all. When I went into the ini file the saitek rudder peddles: 

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
1=Flight Yoke System
1.GUID={12E39840-D089-11E4-8001-444553540000}
2=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
2.GUID={634041D0-D089-11E4-8001-444553540000}

where no longer assigned. They do show on the game controller and in FSX. I have reset FSX config file and still does not work. At this point I am going to uninstall FSUIPC and FSX and start all over again. I have attached last logs for your review thinking for sure you may see something. I have had game controller for 5 years or more so sure there could be a problem there.  I know throttle pots are dirty and worn.

Any help with uninstall or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dick

FSUIPC4_prev.log

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4.ini

You logs show no rudder detected in the "Prev" one, but it is detected on the current log:

3167    Device acquired for use:
     3167    Joystick ID = 1 (Registry okay)
     3167    1=Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
     3167    1.GUID={C1F90690-D088-11E4-8001-444553540000}
     3167 Device acquired for use:
     3167    Joystick ID = 1 (Registry fixed)
     3167    1=Flight Yoke System
     3167    1.GUID={12E39840-D089-11E4-8001-444553540000}
     3182 Device acquired for use:
     3182    Joystick ID = 2 (Registry okay)
     3182    2=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
     3182    2.GUID={634041D0-D089-11E4-8001-444553540000}

The trouble there is that it has an ID of 1 in the registry, which is the ID you already had assigned for the yoke.

As to why it may sometimes not be detected, the usual reason is that you have power management enabled in the USB controllers in the PC. Go to Windows Device manager, and in the Properties of each USB hub o device listed, turn off power management if it is an option. This will stop devices "going to sleep".

Additionally, with multiple devices, it is always a good idea to activate Joy Letters, so that even if the IDs change, the assignments remain intact.

1 hour ago, Bigsky10 said:

I checked this morning and found no rudder peddles in the ini file. I might have changed a usb port on the rudders. I am not sure how to change the registry joystick ID thought

Strange that they are still not seen, even with the same ID or not. Maybe try unplugging them and plugging in again, see if that's detected.

Can you supply the FSUIPC4.joyscan.csv file, from the Modules folder, please? That shows what FSUIPC found in the Registry and in its interrogations via directInput.

You can set IDs in the registry using "JoyIDs", whichis a little freeware program you can find on the Internet. You should be able to set it in FSUIPC, but it needs to detect it first.

I'll look at the CSV file to see what is happening.

Pete

Pete, her is the Joyscan file.  I am thinking of deleting the ini and starting all over. I went through the controller assignments in FSX last night and deleted all the joy stick assignments except for the "POV Hat". Haven't done anything else so far.

The Saitek PRO Flight Yoke System still shows as unknown device in the control/hardware and sound/devices and printers. I downloaded the lates drivers but going to saitek to see if there is another driver to substitute.

Thanks

Dick

FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv

11 minutes ago, Bigsky10 said:

Pete, her is the Joyscan file. 

That shows al three devices detected properly, and correct JoyDs of 0, 1, and 2. The INI file produced must also have been fine, and all three would have been okay in that session.

12 minutes ago, Bigsky10 said:

I went through the controller assignments in FSX last night and deleted all the joy stick assignments except for the "POV Hat".

You had controllers enabled in FSX as well as expecting them to work correctly in FSUIPC? That's a non-no. Either assign in FSX or in FSUIPC. If in FSUIPC, disable all three controllers in FSX.

14 minutes ago, Bigsky10 said:

The Saitek PRO Flight Yoke System still shows as unknown device in the control/hardware and sound/devices and printers.

You have the yoke playing up too?

15 minutes ago, Bigsky10 said:

I downloaded the lates drivers but going to saitek to see if there is another driver to substitute.

You are using Saitek software and drivers? That's probably part of the problem! My advice is to uninstall all the devices including drivers: Do this in Windows Device Manager. Make sure you uninstall drivers there too. Then re-boot the system. Windows will find them and use the default drivers, which work fine and with far less trouble in the long run.

Pete

T hank Pete for all the help. I'm going to follow your advice and disable drivers. Going to stat up sim and load up a profile and test it out. I'll let you know what happens. Throttle quadrants are getting old so may have to think about changing them out.  I am looking at Pro Flight TQ6 throttles.

Thanks again

Dick

I did a little test today on a couple A/C I have in FSX. Everything seems to works great. I do have to rebuild one profile but that isn't bad.  I still have Saitek Drivers installed but no Saitek software. All joystick actions are deleted from FSX except POV hat. If I still have problems I will uninstall drivers and let windows put them in.  

Qustion? Would drivers have effect on throttle levers moving smooth with no jerky movement.  I think it is hardware it self.

Thanks again for help.

Dick

FSUIPC4_prev.log

FSUIPC4.log

11 minutes ago, Bigsky10 said:

Qustion? Would drivers have effect on throttle levers moving smooth with no jerky movement.

Can do. But with Saitek I think sometimes their install messes the registry entries up.

You should really disable controllers in FSX If you assign in FSUIPC, because unbeknownst to you it can automatically reassign.

For a POV with panning you can assign in FSUIPC as an axis -- assign to Pan view.

Pete

Pete,

I’m still having some problems with the throttle working erratically even after calibration. I uninstalled the drivers and programs connected to them. I did not unplug the controller before I rebooted and let windows put game controller drivers in.  I disabled joystick in FSX and am using FSUIPC4 only. I have recalibrated all three controllers in FSUIPC4. 

Now when I go into FSX the throttle levers work fine but the Prop levers  and Mixture levers when activating them one lever moved farther down than the other.  Until just a week or two ago all my settings, profiles and controllers work perfectly.  I am not sure if a windows update caused the problem or not.

I think my next step would be to delete the . ini and rebuild all profiles.  A question I have, is there any registry entries that would mess up the calibration process.

I did order a T6Q throttle with USB plugin. I was going to wait until I get it before starting all over.  I also thought of deleting FSX and reinstalling it. 

There is something someplace that is causing a conflict with the controllers.  I am not at a point where I can install P3D.  Not sure my computer will handle it.  Maybe a starting system for P3D.

Any ideas you might have I will give them a try.  I am not a expert in computers but do know a few things.

Thank

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

but the Prop levers  and Mixture levers when activating them one lever moved farther down than the other. 

That's what calibration is for

I am not sure if a windows update caused the problem or not.

Could be. I have heard such stories about Win10 updates.

A question I have, is there any registry entries that would mess up the calibration process.

FSUIPC uses no registry entries at all, except in the initial search to find and identify devices by thier IDs and GUIDs. All of its own settings are in your files, in the modules folder (INI file and any separate Profile files you might have created if using "UseProfiles=Files".

There is something someplace that is causing a conflict with the controllers.

There could only be other device handling software, or controllers not being disabled in FSX.  Of course some add-on aircraft (notably PMDG ones) do their own thing with some joystick axes.

Pete

Pete, FYI.  After battling with this problem for a while I used the help you gave me and some information from Saitek. I went to their question and answer page and found  three files they indicated to use to solve problems with Saitek controllers. After I ran them to reset game controller in registry I took one of the A/C I was having trouble with. After I recalibrated in FSUIPC4 the axes, key strokes and buttons seem to work OK.  My profiles appear to be working OK.

Thanks so much for you help with this.

Dick

Saitek - Clear Calibration - Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.zip

Saitek - Clear Calibration - Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (USB).zip

Saitek - Clear Calibration - Pro Flight Yoke System.zip

9 hours ago, Bigsky10 said:

After battling with this problem for a while I used the help you gave me and some information from Saitek. I went to their question and answer page and found  three files they indicated to use to solve problems with Saitek controllers.

They remove registry entries which should have been removed anyway when you uninstalled the controllers and drivers using the Windows Device Manager. That's what that step should have achieved (the one I advised on the 29th August). Strange that it didn't manage to do that -- there must have been something up with the registry itself.

Thanks for the report and the links.

Pete