The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC inactivated by Active Sky installation - P3DV3.

scohyj

I had an issue and thought it could be useful for other users to know what it is related with.

I use P3dV3 and recently installed Active Sky 16.

I didn't notice anything until I installed a Prosim 737 update to V2. I  experienced some issues and errors in the interaction between P3D and Prosim.

It was related to an ABTools SimConnect.dll missing in the Prosim MCP folder, but this was not the only thing : Prosim couldn't connect to P3D when using the MSFS connection mode.

After a search I found a topic related to a similar problem :

The solution was related with the dll.xml file so I checked it : it had been erased and replaced during the ActiveSky16 installation. Fortunately ActiveSky had generated a backup file so I could merge all the information into a single dll.xml file and everything works now (still have to check the weather display in the Prosim ND).

I hope this information can be usefull to tohers.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques SCOHY

2 hours ago, scohyj said:

The solution was related with the dll.xml file so I checked it : it had been erased and replaced during the ActiveSky16 installation.

I use P3Dv4 so my ActiveSky is ASP4, and the installer for that certainly doesn't mess up the previous DLL.XML.

When I used P3D3 I used AS16, but back then it was okay too. So I can only presume it is a recent bug. Have you reported it to Hifi Simulations? If not, please do so.

Pete