The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG and FSUIPC HELP!!!!

Dear Pete,

I just purchased the full vversion of FSUIPC yesterday to use with my Logitech X56 Rhino Hotas System along with the PMDG 737 NGX and 777. To my dismay, none of the mappings are working whatsoever. The only things that work are the actual joystick assignments not the button assignments. I was hoping you would be able to help me to get it so that I can use the PMDG to its full potential along with my HOTAS system. I am not an extremely savvy person, however I do know a bit. The simpler explained, the better...

Thanks in advance,

Andrew W.

4 hours ago, slfde3 said:

to use with my Logitech X56 Rhino Hotas System along with the PMDG 737 NGX and 777. To my dismay, none of the mappings are working whatsoever. The only things that work are the actual joystick assignments not the button assignments. I was hoping you would be able to help me to get it so that I can use the PMDG to its full potential along with my HOTAS system

Unfortunately, for most of its systems, PMDG do their own implementation and ignore the  controls that this Sim offers for those.

You don't say which flight simulator you are using, nor which version of FSUIPC. Both are essential details without which it is difficult to help fully.

The PMDG aircraft do install an SDK folder, within which there is a file with filetype".h". At the end of that there's a long list of all the controls you can possibly need, and more. They are listed by name and given a number, which has to be calculated by ading an actual number to a base value, given at the top.

Those numbers are then used in FSUIPC assignments by selecting <custom control> and entering the number. Some may also need a parameter, eg to turn off or turn on. That parameter is actually a mouse action code, a list of which is also given.

For more about using PMDG controlsyou might find more detailed help on the PMDG support forum. I don't actually have or use any of their aircraft.

Pete