Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

Recommended Posts

Hi Pete I have built a 747-400 throttle quadrant,and would like to make the fuel switches work for the PMDG 747-400 v3 for the steam version FSX ,I have tried making mouse macros , I get the green bar notification at the top, name it but it does not work on the tab button ,then the green bar disappears , please can you advise what I can do. I did have it all working on pmdg 747-400 v2.

Regards Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jumbly74speedy said:

I have built a 747-400 throttle quadrant,and would like to make the fuel switches work for the PMDG 747-400 v3 for the steam version FSX ,I have tried making mouse macros , I get the green bar notification at the top, name it but it does not work on the tab button ,then the green bar disappears , please can you advise what I can do. I did have it all working on pmdg 747-400 v2

The only thing which would have changed between v2 and v3 is the number after the RX in the macro. Try making the macro again, and note the value is shows. then you can edit your v2 macro.

Not sure what you mean "the green bar disappears"? It should await either an ESCape press or an ENTER -- unless you moved the mouse, in which case it may have moved over another switch.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pete I have had anther go at making a macro, I have noticed when if I put the curser over some area,s on the virtual cockpit,after pressing the create macro button ,I get the green band at the top of the screen,flashing the text red and white,  only on some switches not the fuel switches ,so I can,t name the macro ,also not sure what you mean edit the v2 macro     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jumbly74speedy said:

I have had anther go at making a macro, I have noticed when if I put the curser over some area,s on the virtual cockpit,after pressing the create macro button ,I get the green band at the top of the screen,flashing the text red and white

When you say "green band" do you mean a display window with several lines, as illustrated in the User Guide?

The changes from Green to Red and reverse are done to indicate that the mouse action of its operation has changed, it has effectively selected a different function.

Can you show me the FSUIPC4.LOG from an attempt which produces this result?  Set the Button/Key logging option in the Logging tab first.

58 minutes ago, jumbly74speedy said:

also not sure what you mean edit the v2 macro  

If you can read the codes logged for the action you need (and the Log should help) then you could change the your previous equivalent working macro to use the newer code.

BUT really mouse macros are completely unnecessary for PMDG switches, as they kindly provided a complete set of controls which you can assign in FSUIPC via the <custom control> option.  Why not use those?  See the SDK fo;der for your aircraft. The controls are listed at the end of the file with type .h

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See this post for how to find the PMDG SDK, calculate the control numbers and bind them to a key/joystick button in FSUIPC:

The instructions are specifically for the 737 but the technique would be the same for the 747. Just note that the line numbers may not be the same, but you can search the text to find them.

Pete: Would you like me to post this in the FAQ section? I've seen this asked a few times recently. I'll make it a bit more generic for any PMDG aircraft.

Paul

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Henty said:

Pete: Would you like me to post this in the FAQ section? I've seen this asked a few times recently. I'll make it a bit more generic for any PMDG aircraft.

Yes, please -- that's a good idea!

Thanks!
Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your replies, I have now found the custom button ,but when I put the number in the box eg 968 for fuel switch engine 1 I get a warning gong and will not take that number  ,what am I doing wrong ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jumbly74speedy said:

Thanks for your replies, I have now found the custom button ,but when I put the number in the box eg 968 for fuel switch engine

968 is not a valid control number at all. Are you forgetting to add the base value?  All the PMDG custom controls are expressed in that file as a base + number. The base number is given at the top of the list I think -- look for the #define line which defines the value for it, by name.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found #define evt_control_stand_eng1_fuel_ctrl_switch(third_party_event_id_min+968    in the PMDG SDK  is this what you mean ,and what do I put in the custom control box ?thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jumbly74speedy said:

I have found #define evt_control_stand_eng1_fuel_ctrl_switch(third_party_event_id_min+968    in the PMDG SDK  is this what you mean ,and what do I put in the custom control box ?thanks 

As it says: third_party_event_id_min+968. In other words the value  third_party_event_id_min plus 968

So just find where it says 

#define third_party_event_id_min followed by a number

then ADD that number and 968 to give you the control number.

Sorry, but if you still don't understand I really suggest you ask in the PMDG forum. it is their add-on and SDK after all. They chose to do it that way.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all explained in my post I linked to above.

Have another look at it. It's takes you through each step.

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Paul Henty said:

Post now in FAQ section...

Thanks Paul. Looks excellent. I've pinned it so it doesn't disappear down the list.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.