The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daons

FSX AI Flights being deleted

Hi,

Is there anyway to force STB to not delete flights the user is shadowing? If not are there any tips to help reduce the likelihood of flights being deleted on arrival into busy airports? I've had a look in the documentation and I can't find anything that seems to work.

Thanks

7 hours ago, daons said:

Hi,

Is there anyway to force STB to not delete flights the user is shadowing? If not are there any tips to help reduce the likelihood of flights being deleted on arrival into busy airports? I've had a look in the documentation and I can't find anything that seems to work.

Thanks

You say "on arrival", but precisely at what point does the flight get deleted?  Does the flight go around?  Does the flight make it to the runway then get deleted before it leaves the runway?  I'd like to be sure it is STB deleting the flight before deciding what to do about it.

Simon

Hi,

Occasionally it has been after a go-around (aismooth tends to sort that one) but usually it states 'inbound taxi deadlock' and I get moved back to base. I've looked at the departures board for the airport my ai is landing at and I cant see more that a couple of flights on taxi mode so it seems odd for there to be a taxi blockage. Maybe it has something to do with the airport afcad's and STB is just showing me that the afcad issue is there.

Its definitely an issue on larger busier airports (Heathrow etc.)

Thanks

For the first scenario (go-around), uncheck "Enforce Approach Separate" in the Flight Control section.  This is in the Settings Notebook, board control tab:

image.png.0edee7c827d278c737d81786b27729f7.png

2nd Scenario I can't do anything about.  The simulator has deleted your AI aircraft for reasons better known to itself, STB is just trying to interpret the event and present it to you in a meaningful way.

Thanks
Simon