The simFlight Network Forums

RC4 not showing in P3D v4

After a re-install of P3D v4.3 due to a silly action on my part caused it to stop loading, I now have a problem with Radar Contact where the notification window

(Simconnect, I think) doesn't show. It always worked perfectly previously.

Radar contact works in itself, as if I press the necessary keys, I get the expected responses. I just cannot see any messages.

FSUIPC is v5.14. And I have run the 3 .msi files of simconnect inP3D redist.

Could you perhaps help?

Thanks

Ian Harrison

3 hours ago, IanHarr said:

FSUIPC is v5.14. And I have run the 3 .msi files of simconnect inP3D redist.

Radar Contact doesn't use SimConnect!

Are you sure you haven't turned off information text in the P3D4 options (bottom right on one of the screens)? You only want to do that if you are using WideFS to display it on another PC.

Pete

Pete,

Thank you.

I hang my head in shame and embarrassment. That was exactly the problem and I hadn't noticed it. Duh!

(I know RC doesn't use Simconnect but the Radar Contact message window in P3D is titled "Simconnect message window", so I just wondered ).

3 hours ago, IanHarr said:

I know RC doesn't use Simconnect but the Radar Contact message window in P3D is titled "Simconnect message window", so I just wondered

Well, to explain that:

In P3D4, to avoid having to hack directly into the code, FSUIPC uses regular SimConnect facilities for the displays it is requested to show. But FSUIPC interfaces directly into SimConnect within P3D4 and needs no other SimConnect installs. 

Pete