The simFlight Network Forums

Exception 25 Illegal Operations - FSX Controls

Hi Pete

A LINDA user has reported an issue with Exception 25 ILLEGAL OPERATIONS that appears to be caused by loading the FSX Control values. Can you suggest what the cause could be? The errors are occurring before LINDA starts.

Exception 25 - FSUIPC5.log

Edited by Scotfleiger
File extension corrected

1 hour ago, Scotfleiger said:

A LINDA user has reported an issue with Exception 25 ILLEGAL OPERATIONS that appears to be caused by loading the FSX Control values. Can you suggest what the cause could be?

Looks like corruption in P3D. Just about every Sim Var FSUIPC needs to populate the offsets is failed.

The only thing I know which causes such weird symptoms (different on different folks systems) is a bad wxstationlist. bin file or weather (.wx) file.  Ask him to make a copy of the first as I would like to look at it IF it isresponsible -- I'm trying to convince L-M to check such files before using them -- then just delete it, before running P3d (it will make a new one). If that fixes it please send me a copy of the bad file.

The bin file is in his AppData\Roaming ... folder, same place as the main P3D cfg.

Pete

The one in Weather is NOT the active one, but the default used to put one into the Appdata place! If there wasn't one there it's because FSUIPC now deletes it when you close the session.

So, did it help? If so the default has been corrupted!

FSUIPC now deletes it in Appdata so that the next session is ok. If it then gets corrupted again some app is doing it, or the default is corrupted. Compare the one you attached to yours. (I'll do that tomorrow when I'm at my PC again. This is my phone)

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

FSUIPC now deletes it in Appdata so that the next session is ok. If it then gets corrupted again some app is doing it, or the default is corrupted.

No, the default was not corrupted. If the next session was problem free then FSUIPC's deletion of the bad one and, presumably, the deletion now of the good default, has prevented whatever it is which was corrupting it from doing so.

Otherwise, it was either the WX file being loaded (the default, by the look of it: 
C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.wx).
or something else is corrupted in P3D itself.

To prevent FSUIPC even trying to read weather, you can add "NoWeatherAtAll=Yes" to the [General] section of the INI. This will stop FSUIPC having anything to do with weather and therefore not invoke SimConnect actions which these corruptions affect. Of course that doesn't stop other weather programs doing it. But it will at least identify whether this was really the problem or not.

Otherwise it sounds like a repair job on the P3D4 installation.

Pete