The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient & LUA

Hi Peter

Using WideClient and the text message LUA scripts to get everything off the curved screen. It works! But - I'm overlaying the script window over the top of the ECAM Memo section of the airbus when it is in use (it has a reduced sleep time, so it's naturally not always there).

The issue is I can't find a way to keep the LUA script on TOP of my ProSim A320 Display. IE; when ProSim Display is open the LUA script window runs behind it and can't be seen.

Suggestions would be welcome on a solution.

Great script btw.

Cheers

Paul

10 hours ago, AlphaTech said:

Using WideClient and the text message LUA scripts to get everything off the curved screen. It works! But - I'm overlaying the script window over the top of the ECAM Memo section of the airbus when it is in use (it has a reduced sleep time, so it's naturally not always there).

The issue is I can't find a way to keep the LUA script on TOP of my ProSim A320 Display. IE; when ProSim Display is open the LUA script window runs behind it and can't be seen.

What text message Lua script library functions are you using, and why WideClient and not in FSUIPC itself?

Using WideClient on the same PC as the sim is useful when using functions NOT available in FSUIPC, such as those in the Wnd and Display libraries. With those you can have the displays doing almost anything you like.

So, in order to advise I do need more information, or even a sight of your script.

Pete

1 hour ago, AlphaTech said:

Thanks for taking the time reply. I found the solution was a focus filter code.

Not sure what that is, but re-reading your question I now think you might have been talking about the SimConnect mesage windows and the Lua script(s) i provide with the latest WideFS to display them elsewhere.

Of course these are really designed to be used on a client PC with a separate screen in the cockpit. But I'm interested in how you solved the layering conflict you suggest was occurring. After all, there's no "wnd.focus" or "wnd.bringtotop" facility. Maybe I ought to be looking at adding some more facilities to the library?

Pete

38 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Not sure what that is, but re-reading your question I now think you might have been talking about the SimConnect mesage windows and the Lua script(s) i provide with the latest WideFS to display them elsewhere.

Of course these are really designed to be used on a client PC with a separate screen in the cockpit. But I'm interested in how you solved the layering conflict you suggest was occurring. After all, there's no "wnd.focus" or "wnd.bringtotop" facility. Maybe I ought to be looking at adding some more facilities to the library?

Pete

Hi Pete

Yes - you're exactly right. It's the SimConnect menu messages. I use ProSim A320 full cockpit and I want to display GSX menu items away from the curved screen and onto the ECAM Memo area for selection by an LCD keyboard. I have successfully done that with LUA. 

The layer issue was sorted by adding another few lines of code to the end of the LUA Show Menu script configuration file. Would you like a copy for reference?

Out of interest - are you using ProSim for your 737? I have an issue with pushback on the A320 that is causing a position freeze (and mute) in ProSim and it must be related to WideClient or the LUA because it doesn't do it when it isn't running. (Sorry to bash the thread)

Best,
Paul

Edited by AlphaTech

2 hours ago, AlphaTech said:

The layer issue was sorted by adding another few lines of code to the end of the LUA Show Menu script configuration file. Would you like a copy for reference?

Yes, please. Either ZIP and attach it here, or ZIP and send to petedowson@btconnect.com.

2 hours ago, AlphaTech said:

Out of interest - are you using ProSim for your 737? I have an issue with pushback on the A320 that is causing a position freeze (and mute) in ProSim and it must be related to WideClient or the LUA because it doesn't do it when it isn't running.

Well, unless you have some Lua plug-in which does such odd things, I don't see that either your plug-ins or Wideclient would know anything about it. And WideClient isn't sending anything TO the Sim if you are not sending things from your plug-ins. You need to use FSUIPC logging to see what's going on in the Sim itself.

I use the ProSim738 model, but I have 7 satellite PCs running the cockpit. Only the main ProSim737 EXE is running on the sim PC. For pushback i either use the sim itself (via ButtonKeys on a touch screen) or GSX, with its menus appearing via WideClient of course on a cockpit PC#s screen.

Pete

Hi Pete

Just an FYI. As you described - it was indeed an issue for GSX (the fact that it makes a freeze command) in the sim when pushback is initiated. I solved this by a further outside script that listens for the freeze in ProSim and cancels it when applied.

Regards

Paul

Pete

I don't think this is hijacking the thread; but I have a quick question about the LUA Script.

I am noticing that with GSX the menu that appears on the client pc doesn't (in some cases) replicate that of the main simconnect menu that appears on the curved screen. (I have this minimised as far as it can go).

I especially notice that when selecting to push nose left or right, that when selected, it goes to offer the question of starting engines before pushback YES or NO. But, on the menu on the client PC via the LUA script, the menu still reads 1. NOSE LEFT or 2. NOSE RIGHT. 

I hope this makes some sense!

Any thoughts on the cause so that I can troubleshoot?

Best,

Paul

3 hours ago, AlphaTech said:

I am noticing that with GSX the menu that appears on the client pc doesn't (in some cases) replicate that of the main simconnect menu that appears on the curved screen. (I have this minimised as far as it can go).

There's no way it is changing it.  It just receives what is supplied. is this with P3D? P3D itself is supplying the data.

3 hours ago, AlphaTech said:

I especially notice that when selecting to push nose left or right, that when selected, it goes to offer the question of starting engines before pushback YES or NO. But, on the menu on the client PC via the LUA script, the menu still reads 1. NOSE LEFT or 2. NOSE RIGHT. 

Sorry, are you saying one menu isn't actually ended before the next is displayed, or one is missing altogether? If so this sounds like a but in P3D. Is it P3D? Which version? Do you have the latest version installed, of it and of WideClient?

Pete