The simFlight Network Forums

GSX lua with with WideClient?

1 hour ago, Portanav said:

Hi Pete, I saw on the Prosim forum that there is a GSX lua that works with WideClient. Can you tell me where I can get more information on this, or briefly what it does?

GSX?  Nothing specific to GSX, no.

There has always been a plug-in to display FSX and P3D  text displays on a Client PC. This normal one, used for many years by many folks with Radar Contact, was provided in the La Library document in your FSUIPC DOcuments folder.

The recent change has been more extended facilities added by L-M into P3D4. These allow SimCnnect Message Windows to be shown on client PCs, and this is implemented in FSUIPC5 and the latest WideClient. You can then suppress message windows -- except the menus -- in P3D4, by unchecking the "information text" item.

All this occurred with the recent updates for WifdeFS and WideClient, so if you kept up to date you already have the plug-ins and documentation explaining it all.

Pete