The simFlight Network Forums

Showcycle.lua display menues on another monitor

Hi Pete,

I have in my homecockpit a machine setup with 4 monitors, running 2x FMC, lower and upper EICAS.

I want to display the GSX Menu via the "ShowMenue.lua" on the Monitor no 2.

setup.JPG.5461f29cf471240db6bb51102484c4ea.JPG

So I edited the Showcyle.lua to ipc.set("TextLeft", 2048) and assumed that the menue will than be shown starting with 2048px from the left, which is my second monitor.

But it still starts on the left side of the first monitor.

setup2.JPG.eeca427b6ac30316366983c7e757a871.JPG

If I go up to 3840, I can see it appearing on the Monitor no 3 (around the 2/3) of the menue, but anything higher would not show the menue any more. 

Do you have a tip getting this moved to the correct monitor on my setup?

Thanks a lot,

Markus

13 hours ago, markusr said:

So I edited the Showcyle.lua to ipc.set("TextLeft", 2048) and assumed that the menue will than be shown starting with 2048px from the left, which is my second monitor.

Is that picture from nVidia settings (or whatever video card software you are using), or from Windows?

When you move your mouse pointer, does it go smoothly from 1, through 3 then through 2 then 4?

Which is your main Windows screen? The left top of that will be 0,0. Screens to its left (in Windows, not necessarily in the driver) with have negative x coordingates.

What are the sizes of each of those 4 screns (width x height) in pixels?

You might want to use a program which shows the screen coordinates of the Mouse pointer, like http://www.adminsehow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/MousePos.exe.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Is that picture from nVidia settings (or whatever video card software you are using), or from Windows?

The picture is from Windows 7 directly, no driver.

When you move your mouse pointer, does it go smoothly from 1, through 3 then through 2 then 4?

Yes, it does

Which is your main Windows screen? The left top of that will be 0,0. Screens to its left (in Windows, not necessarily in the driver) with have negative x coordingates.

Main Screen is the No. 1

What are the sizes of each of those 4 screns (width x height) in pixels?

Number 1, 2 and 3 are 1024x768 pixels. No 4 is 1280x1024

You might want to use a program which shows the screen coordinates of the Mouse pointer, like http://www.adminsehow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/MousePos.exe.

I will try this programm in the evening today and will report back. 

Best regards,

Markus

19 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Strange then that #2 appears to be portrait shaped: 768 x 1024 maybe?

Sorry, missed that in my comment above. 

Yes,  #2 is rotated by 90°, so 768*1024. And on this monitor (which is my Lower EICAS from my 737 in the homecockpit) I want to display the GSX Menue.

So, in theory it would be ("TextLeft", 2048) as a starting point for monitor #2 to display it. 

But I will run the mentioned program in the evening.

Hi Pete,

I tried it now with the exe file, and the coordinates are correct. 

And suddenly its working... I have no clue why it was not working yesterday.

BUT, there is always a but...

On this screen I have running the Prosim Display in the Lower DU Configuration and I was hoping that the Menue from the LUA file will overlay the Prosim Application, but its not 😞

I also removed the option in Prosim "Stay on top" and "fullscreen", but the menue will everytime be generated below the Prosim Display.

For the photo below I have moved the Lower Eicas a little down to see the generated menue.

IMG_20180906_195519.thumb.jpg.f277b9ba5e158ba8ce965c81537edeaa.jpg

Is there any chance to modify this? 

Thanks again,

Markus

4 hours ago, markusr said:

On this screen I have running the Prosim Display in the Lower DU Configuration and I was hoping that the Menue from the LUA file will overlay the Prosim Application, but its not 😞

Usually you have ProSim displays set to display "on top". maybe you can change that? I don't know. Mine are most certainly always on top of anything else. Right-click on it and see what options you have.

Pete