The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D/3D Pro CUSTOM SCHEDULE For KMEM/MEM v2.0

hexzed

3 hours ago, Ianthius said:

Hi Ben,

@hexzed Sorry to be a pain but it's getting stuck at 72%!!

I've attached the output log again.  I'm not sure what I'm meant to be looking at in the log so I could try and sort it myself. 

There appears to be errors from line 8366 onwards for ICAO not found for a few airports.  Don't know if this is the issue?

Thanks for your time.

Ian

output_log.txt

You're not a pain - just proves us custom schedule makers need to do a better QA job just like Nyerges.

The airport ICAO errors are not critical - they don't cause the loading to freeze. However, these flights will be dropped. @hexzed may want to consider adding these to the airport file and provide a custom kmem_airports.txt.  

The 72% loading issue in this case is caused by an incorrect plane type in the GA schedule. There are two flights with a plane type of C182 and they need to be changed to CN1. I'm sure Ben will provide an update soon to fix these issues, but you can do the edits yourself to get up and running until then. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Ian, sorry about that.

I think this proves 3 things, you're the first to use this schedule, my quality control has improved immeasurably, and everybody's human 🙂

I will do a more thorough test today, and get the new files back up

Ben

46 minutes ago, hexzed said:

Hi Ian, sorry about that.

I think this proves 3 things, you're the first to use this schedule, my quality control has improved immeasurably, and everybody's human 🙂

I will do a more thorough test today, and get the new files back up

Ben

@hexzed Hi Ben, please don't apologise, I wouldn't even know where to start!!  Thanks for even making the files in the first place to make the game better than it is!

Look forward to a busy busy KMEM!

Thanks again.

Ian

• Upvote 1

Ok, i have fixed the mistakes, have run the schedule, and it loads for me.

I have also added an airports file to the dropbox, so please download this as well to make sure all flights appear.

KMEM by default is not the busiest airport, but if you select the busy hours according to the graph, you should get some good traffic 🙂

Thanks

Ben

14 hours ago, hexzed said:

Ok, i have fixed the mistakes, have run the schedule, and it loads for me.

I have also added an airports file to the dropbox, so please download this as well to make sure all flights appear.

KMEM by default is not the busiest airport, but if you select the busy hours according to the graph, you should get some good traffic 🙂

Thanks

Ben

@hexzed Hi Ben

Many thanks for sorting it out, it loaded up, so I will now play at different times to experience a busy KMEM!  Thanks again.  Ian

4 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

also where can I go online so can make that graph for my schedules to know what the pack or busiest hours r

What u can do and what other schedule makers have done is to import the schedule into a spreadsheet and generate a graph that way hopefully you have a spreadsheet BUT you can also use the online tool posted in another topic to generate the graph but u might need to search for it using the search bar way up there on the top right

3 hours ago, blacklabelbraai said:

BUT you can also use the online tool posted in another topic

I believe that tool is no longer available due to customer dissatisfaction with the developers.

Nevertheless, I'd recommend to @ATC AlaskaGuy and any other custom schedule making newbie to self serve and learn to build your own graphs. Top notch schedule makers like @hexzed and @battlehawk77 always include graphs for their schedules - it helps "sell" the schedule and is obviously helpful when using the schedule.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

I believe that tool is no longer available due to customer dissatisfaction with the developers.

Nevertheless, I'd recommend to @ATC AlaskaGuy and any other custom schedule making newbie to self serve and learn to build your own graphs. Top notch schedule makers like @hexzed and @battlehawk77 always include graphs for their schedules - it helps "sell" the schedule and is obviously helpful when using the schedule.  

I agree 100% with graphs "selling" schedules. Especially a graph showing statistics of independent days if it's based of specific days of the week. If you want a good example; look at Gavin's (@battlehawk77)  KRDU schedule layout he recently posted. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, hexzed said:

I have decided to no longer maintain this schedule

If you use this schedule frequently please PM me and if i get enough responses i will consider writing a new schedule

Thanks for your support

Ben

Hi Ben, will there be a new schedule at some point?

Recently i had to format my drive and i lost all the custom schedules.  Once I played a kmem schedule that had a crazy amount of fedex departures, it was very challenging and i want to give it another try. I think it was this schedule, because i cant find another one.

@crbascott do you have this schedule files?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 10:44 AM, pete_agreatguy said:

Also are there only 4 files in your "...Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\KMEM" folder?

There should be the following:

1. kmem_airlines.txt
  2. kmem_airplanes.txt
  3. kmem_airports.txt
  4. kmem_gaandlocaltraffic.txt
  5. kmem_schedule.txt
  6. kmem_terminal.txt

AND the airport files:

1. kmem_airfield
  2. kmem_airfield.manifest
  3. kmem_databases
  4. kmem_databases.manifest
  5. kmem_menu
  6. kmem_menu.manifest

If those are missing, your KMEM did not install properly.

I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled, as Admin and not, and still the text files do not show up.  Any ideas, Pete?