The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro - Real Colors/Aircraft Master List by Airport

Pedantic G

9 hours ago, ashman99 said:

As Gary states, he updated the pack just so he wouldn't have to re update it again when the Retro RC came out since it will probably come out soon.

Thanks Ashton.

That is the case. I couldn't have made it any clearer and put this in 2 places but this guy never reads stuff properly and fires off keyboard warrior statements.

On 6/22/2020 at 12:57 PM, Pedantic G said:

Master File Vs. 19 Published with KSEA RC details added and updated on ceased airline/aircraft types operations where known and a couple of minor corrections thanks to a couple of eagle eyed viewers.

I have also added the details included in the soon to be released RETRO RC pack from Nygeres Design.

* UPDATED 22nd June 2020 *

Version History:

Vs 19: Published 22nd June 2020 - Updated with KSEA RC details following release of FeelThere Seattle Tacoma Airport plus details of upcoming RETRO pack from Nygeres Design.

It was only a few months ago I got moaned at for not releasing the latest RC detail spreadsheet minutes after NygeresDesign released a new RC pack..You can't win! 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Haha 1

This has been a great resource for me over the last two days, OMDB

However unlike Tower 2011 where I could use the Plane Editor to check which code to use, I cannot find one
Some examples

flydubai
B738_fz (using the ICAO code)
738 (assumed from the ICAO code)
73H (this code appears in the schedule.txt file instead)

FEDEX
M11F_fz
M11F
M1F

British Airways
b772_ba

British Airways
b777_ba
Unknown, this could by any of four!

Assistance and advice welcome

1 hour ago, Pedantic G said:

Use the airplanes.txt file for an airport (in your case OMDB) to search and inform you of the 3 digit code to use for schedules 

Sadly that has only partially worked
I have ended up with lots of gaps as I am not sure which code to use as they are very similar
As above, it would be helpful to have a list of the aircraft that are actually covered by a single code

This is just one example, there are several others!
BI7 BWN - DXB
BI8 DXB - BWN
Neither of these flights are in the original schedule file
So my choices are 
A339_bi
B788_bi
However, I need to know what code to enter into the schedule file

Another example is S7 airlines
Missing from the original schedule file
32N
Again, I do not know which A320 code to use

As Gary said use the airplanes.txt file. Search for the ICAO code, and the 3 digit IATA that follows it is the one that you use in the schedule.

Generally Airbus drop the A, and Boeing drop the B. So in your examples the codes you use are 339 and 788 respectively 

Furthermore for the B777 example you just use 777 to get the livery to show

5 minutes ago, hexzed said:

Generally Airbus drop the A, and Boeing drop the B. So in your examples the codes you use are 339 and 788 respectively 

Great in theory, but tested and that did not work either for the S7 A320
For the 339, all that comes back is a flight number not an aircraft!

Yeah in this case it is different, as I said generally that is the rule. In this case a google search reveals the 32N is the A320 Neo.

Therefore checking the airplanes file, the A320 Neo is A20N and in turn 20N in the schedule 😊

44 minutes ago, hexzed said:

the 32N is the A320 Neo and in turn 20N in the schedule 

It does not help when the airlines use different codes
Fly Dubai use both; 
738 winglets on outgoing and 73H on incoming
I decided to just use 738 for them all!

I have almost completed arrivals for OMDB 
However, I still have no aircraft for BI7 and BI8 as they are not in the original file and I still not have any A339 in use by another airline
A339_bi
B788_bi

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Braf123456 said:

The ups is either 74y or 74n

Since it is a -800f, according to the airplanes file, it should be a 74n. For me the 74n and the 78f are one and the same aircraft model. Or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, mjkerr said:

I searched
B78F-78F
but nothing was found

If you mean the Internet, then I would search for Boeing 747-8F.
https://www.boeing.com/commercial/freighters/#/technical-specs

1 hour ago, EliGrim said:

Since it is a -800f, according to the airplanes file, it should be a 74n. For me the 74n and the 78f are one and the same aircraft model. Or am I wrong?

Indeed it is. Think Gabor added this only in the OMDB files and it's the 74n_5x in all others its in

21 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

I just go by the Excel file an it does say 78f 

Sadly many of the aircraft codes used in the Master List do not simply convert from their ICAO code to the IATA code used in the schedule file
I have been trying to find such a spreadsheet that could confirm which IATA code should be used

I was not sure what type of aircraft a 
B78F
was
Initially I was looking for a B787-8 Freighter version

I am using these two pages to convert the file from the Master List into the schedule file
https://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Search.aspx (confirm ICAO code to be used)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_type_designators

1 hour ago, mjkerr said:

B78F-78F-BOEING 747-800F CARGO

Where do I find this?
This will then confirm within Tower 3D the correct file and reference to use

Look in the omdb_airplanes.txt file (or indeed any since then). This is the reference point for schedule builders to show you the correct 3 digit aircraft code to use in your schedules for what ever airport you are doing and then cross reference this to my community Master List to see what airport the RC is in.

5 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

Look in the omdb_airplanes.txt file (or indeed any since then). This is the reference point for schedule builders to show you the correct 3 digit aircraft code to use in your schedules for what ever airport you are doing and then cross reference this to my community Master List to see what airport the RC is in.

Excellent
This was the only file had not archived from the original files

Compared my Tower 2011 file and I had amended that so that the fictitious aircraft had the codes from real aircraft
I will now repeat this for a template which I can then use throughout Tower 3D

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mjkerr said:

Could you please correct / update this at the next version 

OMDB
OV -
Estonian Air / Salam Air

200715-01.jpg

Thanks for the spot. File updated. Will be in the next version when released with whatever airport comes out next 🙂

SalamAir took over the IATA Code OV when Estonia Air folded in 2015