The simFlight Network Forums

EFIS TFC button

Good day!

Now I try to find the command for the momentary push button on the B738 EFIS for the TFC (traffic) button.

All I get when I put in cusom control number 69994 is either to set 1 or 0. When set for 1 it will go in and be stuck there and there is no way of disable it again. If I set 0 on the "control sent when button released" then it turns off but it is impossible to activate it again. I simply need to have the button pushed down all the time for TFC to be visible.

Are there other settings than 1 or 0 for this button?

There is NOTHING in the PMDG SDK about this. So far I have tested to set the value to different ones such as 1.....10 but only 1 and 0 does something to the button.
What am I doing wrong here?

12 hours ago, sebpil said:

All I get when I put in cusom control number 69994 is either to set 1 or 0. When set for 1 it will go in and be stuck there and there is no way of disable it again. If I set 0 on the "control sent when button released" then it turns off but it is impossible to activate it again. I simply need to have the button pushed down all the time for TFC to be visible.

Either use two buttons or a tggle switch, or use an FSUIPC button flag to record which to send, so they alternate on alternate presses. 

See this part of the FSUIPC Advanced Users manual (page 23 in the FSUIPC5 edition):

The conditions can be made to apply not to the current state of a button, but to the state of a ‘flag’ that is set and
cleared by a button (or even a keypress). For every possible “normal” button (16 joysticks x 32 buttons = 512 buttons)
FSUIPC maintains a “Flag” (F). Each time any button is pressed (goes from off to on) FSUIPC toggles its flag. This
makes the buttons flag a sort of “latching” switch. You can test it in any parenthesised condition by preceding the
condition by F, thus:
       N=CP(F+j2,b2) …
This says the rest of this parameter is obeyed if the Flag associated with j2,b2 is set. A condition (F–j2,b2) tests for the
Flag being clear. Note that the actual current state of the button j2,b2 is not relevant. All that matters is whether it last
left its Flag set or clear.

the important part is that every button has a flag which is toggled every time it is pressed. So, say your button is joystick 3, biutton 5 (substitute joystick letter if you are wisely using letters), then

CP(F-3,5)3,5,C69994,1      sends the 1 if the button flag is not set, AND sets the button flag

CP(F+3,5)3,5,C69994,0      sends the 0 if the button flag is set, AND clears the button flag

Pete

I must be very hard to learn.....
This is how my line looks in FSUIPC.ini

3=PA,7,C69994,1     -{Custom control: <69994>}-

And I cannot find the section in the advance manual you refer to. My version is dated to June 2017.

What do I need to add in this line I have?
Am not familiar with this way you describe. What is F+3,5?
Just give an example of how to set this single button and I will be happy, that will probably be easier to understand than a chemistry formula.

If I had the correct manual for my FSUIPC version it would be great. My FSUIPC version is 5.11.

8 minutes ago, sebpil said:

And I cannot find the section in the advance manual you refer to. My version is dated to June 2017.

Did you look on Page 23?

In any case I reproduced the important part for you, and told you EXACTLY ghow to do it! What more do you expect me to od? i don't understand. 😞 

10 minutes ago, sebpil said:

What do I need to add in this line I have?

You button is A,7, so simply put A,7 instead of 3,5 in what I gave you.

11 minutes ago, sebpil said:

Am not familiar with this way you describe. What is F+3,5?

As explained in the manual (perhaps you need a translator?), + means if SET, - is if CLEAR, and F means Flag. 3,5 is just the button identification (like your A,7).

12 minutes ago, sebpil said:

Just give an example of how to set this single button and I will be happy,

BUT I actually gave you an example!! You write as if you didn't even bother to read what I wrote! 😞😞 

13 minutes ago, sebpil said:

If I had the correct manual for my FSUIPC version it would be great. My FSUIPC version is 5.11.

Well, the current version is 5.14. I don't support old versions. You must always update before asking for support!

The correct manual for the version you install is ALWAYS installed for you in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Pete

8 minutes ago, sebpil said:

By the way is it possible to set in the Parameter box or do I need to hard program it in the FSUIPC.ini?

The more complex / ambitious settings like compound or conditional button actions or multiple results of a key or button press need you to edit the INI file. There are simply too many possibilities to make for an easy to use User Interface, and I'd rather not limit the facilities. That's the trouble with providing a generalised toolbox that folks can use for almost whatever they want.

Pete

5 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Did you look on Page 23?
YES I do but in my manual there is nothing on page 23 for that.

In any case I reproduced the important part for you, and told you EXACTLY ghow to do it! What more do you expect me to od? i don't understand. 😞 

You button is A,7, so simply put A,7 instead of 3,5 in what I gave you.
Done that, does not work

As explained in the manual (perhaps you need a translator?), + means if SET, - is if CLEAR, and F means Flag. 3,5 is just the button identification (like your A,7).
As I said, my manual does not have the content you talk about.

BUT I actually gave you an example!! You write as if you didn't even bother to read what I wrote! 😞😞 
Tried to modify my line in FSUIPC.ini, does not work.

Well, the current version is 5.14. I don't support old versions. You must always update before asking for support!
Well you cannot expect everyone to know what the last version of the FSUIPC is if you do not nofity buyers that an update is available, right?

The correct manual for the version you install is ALWAYS installed for you in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Where to find the uopdates for you version then and how to get notifications of new versions?

Pete

And if I need to modify the FSUIPC.ini for every single button like this, I also need to restart the flight simulator to test each button. That is why I was asking about the next thing, if it is possible to program it in any easier way and to to be a hacker. Not everyone is a hard core programmer, this is NOT easy to understand I am sorry to say.

7 minutes ago, sebpil said:

Well you cannot expect everyone to know what the last version of the FSUIPC is if you do not nofity buyers that an update is available, right?

You should have read this pinned post at the top of this Forum before posting:

READ BEFORE POSTING FSUIPC PROBLEM REPORT

7 minutes ago, sebpil said:

Not everyone is a hard core programmer, this is NOT easy to understand I am sorry to say.

It is NOT programming, and certainly easier to understand than many hard core aircraft simulations!

I helped you by showing you EXACTLY what to do. But still you aren't satidfied? 

Pete