The simFlight Network Forums

I think it is this: 4.2.2018.20200

this was in the settings folder in users that i copied and pasted from top line

Thanks,

Bob M.

The file tells you this:

"FLW.STB.Utilities.StbDisconnectException: STB Data Server (STB-DS) is not at the required software level.  STB-DS version 4.2.2018.19900 is required on the Prepar3D V4 computer."

Self explanatory?  What STB-DS do you have?

4.2.2018.13500....is there a  4.2.2018.19900...don't see it on the website. I have 4.2.2018. 20200 on the network or non-p3d machine and 13500 on the p3d machine.

Sorry 🙂

Bob

12 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

4.2.2018.13500....is there a  4.2.2018.19900...don't see it on the website. I have 4.2.2018. 20200 on the network or non-p3d machine and 13500 on the p3d machine.

Sorry 🙂

Bob

At least 19900, so if you visit with the original post for 20200 you will find what you need.

Thanks Simon, don't even ask how I screwed this up :)....alot of things on the mind particularly with this hurricane bearing down on us.

Bob

Hey, guess who. I had a guy completely redo the afcad for KINT and I now have 8 aircraft, I think and Winston Salem finally showed up in the airport selection and YEAH...but this showed up. I think I am current on the right stuff....sorry......  Florence will coming coming by the house later today...and she wants to hang around for 4 days....almost as bad as in-laws..lol

crash.txt

Simon..lol...did you look at this crash report. Its a new one...you probably thought it was the old one. I read it but couldn't make headswinds or tailwinds what it meant.

Thank you,

Bob M.

"System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path."

In either the name of the folder containing logos or the logo file name itself, Windows thinks there's an invalid character (for example "*", "?" etc).  Which one I can't say as it's gone to the default error handler which has no context information.  Maybe enabling a trace and reproducing the problem will give me a hint what it is.

Simon

Hi Bob

I've a pretty good idea where this is happening, just need to understand a bit more about the context.  Could you do a verbose trace please, I reckon it's an airline callsign that's causing the problem right now.  Have you added any lately that might contain unusual characters?

How was Florence?

Simon

I have my computer torn down to install a new power supply and 1080ti. Probably back up by Tuesday. Do you think maybe its the way an airline is named in the atc id or ui variation or somewhere like that? I will run a verboose as soon as I get p3dv4 back online. I have done some new flight plans to get Winston Salem on the map in the AIFP program. A guy redid my afcad for Winston Salem because he said the afcad was in bad shape and thats why the airport was always empty and no ai's would come here 🙂

Anyway, Florence is churning along. Moving westerly..I am hoping you will stay southerly and westerly and maybe less impact here in Winston Salem. Its raining and blowing pretty good outside now if we can just keep the trees up and the water down..lol..

Thanks Simon,

Bob M.

19 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Do you think maybe its the way an airline is named in the atc id or ui variation or somewhere like that?

That is certainly a suspect, and a trace will confirm it.  Once that is understood, I'm sure STB can be made to handle it better (and you will be able to find and fix the underlying problem).

19 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Anyway, Florence is churning along. Moving westerly..I am hoping you will stay southerly and westerly and maybe less impact here in Winston Salem. Its raining and blowing pretty good outside now if we can just keep the trees up and the water down..lol..

Light rain overnight here and it feels warmer than perhaps it should be!

Simon

The b....... has left the building...we here anyway unscathed as far as downed trees, no electric etc. They got hammered in eastern north Carolina and eastern  south carolina.

I will run trace as soon as my card gets here. Maybe today....Thanks Simon..... I have a backyard neighbor who decided when he moved in to cut the branches off the backside of a Hugh tree overhanging his yard and now everytime we get storms or wind or snow.waiting for this sucker to come down and take out my shed...fence....probably thousand dollars to get it taken down. Was not living here at the time because of separation and with Kathy legally blind...found out lots later the guy had done this..little late now.. oh well...such is life...The tree is still standing and I am  still above ground so i guess it wI'll be a good day.......lol

BobM.

Hi Bob

Glad your feet are still on the ground!  Quite windy here yesterday, of course nothing like what you've seen.

Which problem are we debugging here?  The trace you sent me is from Data Server, however I need a client trace for logos.

Thanks
Simon