The simFlight Network Forums

**Early Look** Major Update -- NEW liveries for LAX (locally) & T3D Pro!

ATControl  -- Joe

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

@ATControl -- Joe, since you won't answer my previous question, here's another one. 

Ironically a year ago today you made the comment  "a good controller doesn't need to see liveries". Have you sacrificed being a "good controller" for YouTube views? 🤑

Please give some credit to Joe for showcasing Gabor's hard work. 😉 

18 hours ago, crbascott said:

@ATControl -- Joe, since you won't answer my previous question, here's another one. 

Ironically a year ago today you made the comment  "a good controller doesn't need to see liveries". Have you sacrificed being a "good controller" for YouTube views? 🤑

Hmm.. I considered not posting this but I want to speak up as I feel I should.

Why do I get the feeling someone feels left out.. I saw the other post you made IMO basically trying to jump on this idea and in a rather clever way trying to make it yours by trying to huddle up the other schedule creators around _you_ talking to @nyergesdesign .. It all comes across as very MeeTooPlease, MeeToo .. While I appreciate and respect your and others work in this, I do feel you're attempting a hijack here.

It would have shown more respect towards the original idea, as presented here, to suggest such an action, which in itself makes sense, in this thread and go from there. It would certainly make more sense as the channels of communication and probably some form of process already exists here.

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I considered not posting this

If you knew the whole story you might not have posted this. PM me if you are interested.

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Why do I get the feeling someone feels left out.

Yes, I do feel left out as do all the other schedule authors. I've been working with @nyergesdesign (Gabor) behind the scenes now for close to a year to help improve his products for the benefit of the community. As a result, I must honestly say I was disappointed to find out that this was going on without my knowledge since Gabor has asked me test to all his new releases and SPs. Why the silence? Why not get he community involved? That's the reason I talked to Gabor. And based on Gabor's feedback I created the post you reference. We'll see where it goes - Joe's response will be key.

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Hmm.. I considered not posting this but I want to speak up as I feel I should.

Why do I get the feeling someone feels left out.. I saw the other post you made IMO basically trying to jump on this idea and in a rather clever way trying to make it yours by trying to huddle up the other schedule creators around _you_ talking to @nyergesdesign .. It all comes across as very MeeTooPlease, MeeToo .. While I appreciate and respect your and others work in this, I do feel you're attempting a hijack here.

It would have shown more respect towards the original idea, as presented here, to suggest such an action, which in itself makes sense, in this thread and go from there. It would certainly make more sense as the channels of communication and probably some form of process already exists here.

I can't speak for others but for me this isn't about "MeeToo" it's about the community as a whole having an input.

Thank you to @ATControl -- Joe & @nyergesdesign for their work on this, but I feel like others should have a chance to have an input and not just one person, but the community coming together to make a list of updates/improvements they would like to see, that was the point of the post you reference- for us to work together to make the game better.

2 hours ago, Controller- Rogue said:

Thank you to @ATControl -- Joe & @nyergesdesign for their work on this, but I feel like others should have a chance to have an input and not just one person, but the community coming together to make a list of updates/improvements they would like to see, that was the point of the post you reference- for us to work together to make the game better.

I could not agree less with this. and I'd think that is pretty much the sentiment of my initial post.

To me, the thread on this exists, the idea is out there. The comments made here topped by the new thread just gave me a not so positive vibe. I'm not saying I am right, I'm just getting that feeling. I could be wrong and if I am I apologize without reservation. 

@crbascott

I get what you are saying as far as your implication of what's going on. And I can see how that may frustrate. I also get this needs to get sorted for all of our benefit obviously. That said however, I would think this is something to be handled in private as we do not know how and/or how far different parties may or may not be involved and your comments, while understandable under the circumstances, go very much one direction.

I hope you guys get this sorted because both of you, as well as other schedule creators are a huge asset to the game and I have no doubt for many the reason to stick around.

Hello Everyone,

Usually I try to stay away from these kind of posts but now, please let me step in.
Both Joe and Craig is doing an awesome job helping us and providing a better experience for the community. Can we just appreciate them both?

As of Gabor, community, etc. 
I explained it many times that based on the experience we had with T!2011 we weren't really expected the community to step in. Yes, it was a big mistake but now it's too late.  We learned the lesson and most likely the 3rd party schedule editing, livery adding will be more supported by the next version of Tower!XX 

Gabor is supporting every airport release by a Real Color release and updating the existing RC database. It's a pretty big task. He also gets input from Craig and Joe. Why only them? Because these gentlemen were there right from the beginning and helped him a lot. He is trying to support Craig's and Joe's custom schedules. I doubt he could support every single request he receives but probably a civilized "I wish RC/RT would have the following planes/liveries" topic could help him to see what is mostly needed and by knowing him likely he will try to add a few for each of the new RT releases.

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1

SAMedic,

Which schedule?  This thread is about the new liveries coming to RC LAX.

However, have you got the latest version of Real Traffic?  RT_Tower3D_PRO_sp6v9a.exe

If you have and you still have an issue I recommend starting a new thread. 

Edit: My apologies SAMedic, I missed the dropbox link on page 1.

3 minutes ago, nrholland said:

The latest RT schedule I have is 6.9.  Is that the latest one or do they have a new one that corresponds with the new update?  How about RC for KLAX? How do we get that beings that it was in the original Tower 3D?

We are not talking about Real Traffic in this post.  The prior questions were about the CUSTOM schedule that came w/ the original post.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, ATControl -- Joe said:

You re-downloaded it directly from the DropBox link provided in the original post?  The DropBox is verified updated as 9-17

I deleted the older version from my Dropbox and re-downloaded from the link in the original post. I still get the August version.

I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong.

I am a HUGH fan of you schedules and YouTube posts

Edited by SAMedic
I sorted it out I had a bug on my system that was causing a problem. All sorted thanks

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, ATControl -- Joe said:

That’s your issue.  Always read the original entry to verify your schedule file is current. Yours is outdated.  

Okay I have the 9-17-2018 version and still only loads to 72% and then hangs

5 hours ago, hexzed said:

Do you want to post a game log, that will say what it is

I get the same issue, date ist correct 9 17 Version. Tested starting at 00 00, 01 00... 

where do I get the log in the steam version ?

Edit : Starting the game at 06:00 everything works fine with the new schedules.

Edited by Walter17