The simFlight Network Forums

**Early Look** Major Update -- NEW liveries for LAX (locally) & T3D Pro!

ATControl  -- Joe

1 hour ago, hexzed said:

In the main Tower 3D folder there is a bat file.

Run that, it will load the game, then run LAX until you get to 72%, shut it down and copy the game.log here, which is in the same folder

Thank you, here we go:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Search airplane type in airplanes.txt: N25

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Game.CreateAirplane (.Action_t action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game+<LoadMap>c__Iterator4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I think the Airplane Type N25 has to be renamed?

21 hours ago, Walter17 said:

I think the Airplane Type N25 has to be renamed?

Yes, this appears to be the line- from the GA file

KCNO, KLAX, 04:34, N25, N800PZ, 0, 0, 0, 800PZ, EIGHT ZERO ZERO PAPA ZULU

KCNO, KLAX, 04:34, H25, N800PZ, 0, 0, 0, 800PZ, EIGHT ZERO ZERO PAPA ZULU

I'm sure Joe will make the correction, but this will get it working in the meantime.

30 minutes ago, crbascott said:

As a said, I have the RC bundle (includes KLAX, KPHL, and TIST) and unfortunately it hasn't been updated yet. @nyergesdesign , can you help a brother out? 

I just redownloaded the email link. Sp2v4.exe. i just tried to download it without any announcement from nyerges design and it worked. I saw Volaris A321, air cananda 7m8, 787 new livery, Air China b787. So it seems it worked for me.

24 minutes ago, AirJamaica said:

I just redownloaded the email link. Sp2v4.exe. i just tried to download it without any announcement from nyerges design and it worked. I saw Volaris A321, air cananda 7m8, 787 new livery, Air China b787. So it seems it worked for me.

I don't think you are seeing the difference. Let me try again.

You have RC for KLAX. It has been updated from version sp2v3 to version sp2v4. 👍

I have the RC bundle (KLAX-KPHL-TIST) . It is still version sp4v2. 👎 @nyergesdesign hasn't gotten around to updating the bundle yet. 

As a result, that is why you are seeing the new liveries and I (and anyone else who has the RC bundle) do not see the new liveries. 

12 minutes ago, crbascott said:

I don't think you are seeing the difference. Let me try again.

You have RC for KLAX. It has been updated from version sp2v3 to version sp2v4. 👍

I have the RC bundle (KLAX-KPHL-TIST) . It is still version sp4v2. 👎 @nyergesdesign hasn't gotten around to updating the bundle yet. 

As a result, that is why you are seeing the new liveries and I (and anyone else who has the RC bundle) do not see the new liveries. 

There you have your answer👍 be patient then haha

If @AirJamaica is correct the "Current Versions Sheet" has yet to be updated as well, and what about Real Traffic? Has that been updated?

I cannot verify that either RC KLAX or RT has been updated as I am waiting for BMT Micro to refresh my links, once again. Surely there has to be a more user friendly way than having links that constantly expire? Come on BMT Micro, think of a better way!

7 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Surely there has to be a more user friendly way than having links that constantly expire? Come on BMT Micro, think of a better way!

Wayne, this is not a BMT Micro issue.

If you look at your Pro and airport receipts, you'll notice there is not an expiration date. FeelThere has wisely chosen not to implement an expiration date. However, the same cannot be said for Nyerges Design as they've decided to implement an expiration date on their RT and RC products. A very baffling decision since RT is constantly updated which ultimately requires every customer to contact BMT Micro as some point tin time. 

21 minutes ago, crbascott said:

If you look at your Pro and airport receipts, you'll notice there is not an expiration date. FeelThere has wisely chosen not to implement an expiration date. However, the same cannot be said for Nyerges Design as they've decided to implement an expiration date on their RT and RC products. A very baffling decision since RT is constantly updated which ultimately requires every customer to contact BMT Micro as some point tin time. 

Craig,

Many thanks for your explanation.

Gabor,

Can you have a look at changing the Nyerges Design process with BMT Micro?  These expiring links are annoying especially with time zone differences and weekend differences that add further delays to getting the latest versions of the addons.

Thanks, Wayne

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

Craig,

This may have changed, not sure, I did not buy all the airports but I did buy some RC without the Airport and looking at my copies I found:

1. RT does not expire

2. RC for KJFK, KBOS, KATL, KLAS all have an expiration date.

3. RC for KMCO, EDDM, KPHX, KSFO  do not expire.

edit: missed one

RC for triple pack (KPHL, KLAX, TIST) does not expire.

I don't know if yours are the same but it seems the newer ones don't expire.

Peabody

48 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Craig,

This may have changed, not sure, I did not buy all the airports but I did buy some RC without the Airport and looking at my copies I found:

1. RT does not expire

2. RC for KJFK, KBOS, KATL, KLAS all have an expiration date.

3. RC for KMCO, EDDM, KPHX, KSFO  do not expire.

edit: missed one

RC for triple pack (KPHL, KLAX, TIST) does not expire.

I don't know if yours are the same but it seems the newer ones don't expire.

Peabody

I think it depends on the purchase date because all of mine had expiration dates, but it does look like after renewal they no longer expire (except for group 2).  

39 minutes ago, nrholland said:

I am new to this custom schedule stuff.  I have never done it before.  Where do I get the custom schedules for KLAX from?  And you might as well tell me where to get the new RC for KLAX too.

Check out this post - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85784-custom-schedules-list-real-life-airport-timetables/ - to see a list of all the custom schedules (there are several for KLAX). Regarding how to get the "new RC for KLAX", it's an update to the existing RC. So like all (non-Steam) product updates, you re-download using your original email/link.