Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
xendra

Ancient bugs on SP3

Recommended Posts

From 2017 on March all flights freezes touching on the runway, over two seconds. Freezes the same time on departures, at eight thousand feet. Also jumps so strangely at few seconds later.

Thanks in advance!

Javier

SPAIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xendra said:

From 2017 on March all flights freezes touching on the runway, over two seconds. Freezes the same time on departures, at eight thousand feet. Also jumps so strangely at few seconds later.

Thanks in advance!

Javier

SPAIN

I've seen posts about the freeze/pause, but nothing before on the departures. How can you see still see a plane at 8000 feet from the tower in this sim?

FYI - If you seriously want this looked at by the developers you'll need to provide logs and screenshots.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry. It's at eight hundred feet.

At departures are a displacement to rear of the flights and later they jumps. Very, very strange.

I don't understand why those bugs, that disfigure the 3D vision isn't solved.

Is output_log.txt that I must to send?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually the more I think about it, the log file won't indicate a pause/freeze. A video would more appropriate. 

However, the developers have indicated that the base game is locked (i.e., no more SPs). I'm sure if a major bug popped up they'd fix it, but I don't think this qualifies (especially since it has been mentioned before).  I don't want to stop you from doing anything, but just thought I'd help set your expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happens at all airports at some degree, and has almost become part of the game.

To be perfectly honest, as Craig has mentioned, Feelthere are unlikely to do anything about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, xendra said:

Do You experience the same problem, or only a few users?.

Youtube vídeos posted by some customers, suffers the freezes.

Yes, but for me and what I have seen it just a slight momentary freeze. Personally, I haven't seen it to be a big enough issue to pursue. 

Nevertheless, hopefully the next version will also take the the sim to the next level graphically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Yes, but for me and what I have seen it just a slight momentary freeze. Personally, I haven't seen it to be a big enough issue to pursue. 

Nevertheless, hopefully the next version will also take the the sim to the next level graphically.

Will the new sim  be a completely new game we have to buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crbascott said:

Yes, but for me and what I have seen it just a slight momentary freeze. Personally, I haven't seen it to be a big enough issue to pursue.

I think it's the exact same moment that sometimes aircraft make an airborne 360, like I've experienced at Kennedy, LaGuardia, San Diego, San Francisco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AirJamaica said:

Will the new sim  be a completely new game we have to buy?

Yes, that is what Vic has implied; a new version written from the bottom up using his experiences with the current version as a means for improvement. AJ, Vic did mention he would like (no guarantee) to include more airports with the release version of the new game than the current sim had to increase the value we would receive for purchasing.

Personally, it is a easy buy for me as there are many small and a few large items needing better solutions or implementations. I am excited for when he makes an official announcement.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, xendra said:

Sorry. It's at eight hundred feet.

At departures are a displacement to rear of the flights and later they jumps. Very, very strange.

I don't understand why those bugs, that disfigure the 3D vision isn't solved.

Is output_log.txt that I must to send?

Thanks

xendra: Not that it really helps, but my hunch is that the freeze/jump is the game transitioning to and from ground control to air control internally. This is one of the items that I am sure will be mentioned on the new version fix list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pdubya That might be a really good explanation, since this is the moment for the handover in Tracon. I don't know whether Tower and Tracon interact with each other (or were intended to), maybe the developers trigger something at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the moment in Tracon when the departing aircraft calls departure ("departure, argentina one three zero three with information delta at  9 hundreds climbing to 5 thousands").

Is it coincidential that the aircraft in Tower freezes when in Tracon - using similar logic in the process of a flight, I guess - it would call departure? Probably. But being a programmer myself, I would not be surprised, if that was not a coincidence. It has always been my guess that there's some timed internal calculation or trigger for a process related to the aircraft's movement that's stalling the animation for a moment - especially when that happens repeatedly, then there must be a rule why that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeltaVII said:

It's the moment in Tracon when the departing aircraft calls departure ("departure, argentina one three zero three with information delta at  9 hundreds climbing to 5 thousands").

Is it coincidential that the aircraft in Tower freezes when in Tracon - using similar logic in the process of a flight, I guess - it would call departure? Probably. But being a programmer myself, I would not be surprised, if that was not a coincidence. It has always been my guess that there's some timed internal calculation or trigger for a process related to the aircraft's movement that's stalling the animation for a moment - especially when that happens repeatedly, then there must be a rule why that happens.

True, but that moment does not occur unless the pilot is instructed to contact departure which isn't happening with the freezes. It's probably more along the lines with what @Pdubya is saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The modern blocks (.dll) programming has good flexibility, but wastes tons of CPU cicles and Gb of RAM.

This involves that Tower 3d PRO airports needs a monster GPU?

Why the legendary Flight Simulator X, needs a light GPU to move tons and tons of his dinamyc sceneries?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.