The simFlight Network Forums
clive6354

Aircraft Registrations

Where exactly do you see the aircrft registrations in P3D?  If you mean the ones painted on the side of the aircraft, it's a limitation of the simulator.  Most AI designers only produce one texture per airline, and that texture as a hard coded (but representative) registration.  However the simulator can support unique registrations per aircraft and communicate those to STB, so long as it'd done that way in the traffic schedue.

Simon

Thank you for  your reply.  Yes I am referring to the registration on the side of the aircraft.

Therefore if the simulator can support unique registrations and communicate them to STB, how do I achieve this?

Clive

40 minutes ago, clive6354 said:

Therefore if the simulator can support unique registrations and communicate them to STB, how do I achieve this?

In STB it happens as standard function.  However  your AI package has been designed to do this, over the years I've seen some cheat and just you a single registration for an entire airline fleet.

Simon