The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manu4life

Configuration crash

Your problem is "System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException", and the way to fix it is here:

See Post dated Feburary 7 2016

Simon

6 hours ago, flying-w said:

Your problem is "System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException", and the way to fix it is here:

See Post dated Feburary 7 2016

Simon

See this where the problem begins. For someone the user/simon directory doesn’t exist and neither does that file that needs to be deleted? 

Appreciate you taking your time out to help as well btw

Indeed, you have to adapt the process to your own PC as the problem resolution is described in relation to my PC.

Send me the file mentioned in your error, and I'll have a look. C:\Program Files (x86)\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard\TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe.Config

Simon

18 minutes ago, flying-w said:

Indeed, you have to adapt the process to your own PC as the problem resolution is described in relation to my PC.

Send me the file mentioned in your error, and I'll have a look. C:\Program Files (x86)\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard\TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe.Config

Simon

thanks much appreciated

TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe.config

I do:

1) Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the local application data folder.  You can get this by typing %localappdata% into the address bar in file explorer.

2) From there, go into "Flying-W Simulation"

3) You should now be in a folder with a name similar to "C:\Users\simon\AppData\Local\FlyingWSimulation".  "Simon" is my Windows user id, yours will be different most likely.

4) You will see one or more folders like this:

image.png.a800f1dc33ccacd732c2176f0f2772f5.png

5) Delete all the folders that start with "TrafficBoardFrontEnd"

Thanks
Simon

On 9/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, flying-w said:

I do:

1) Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the local application data folder.  You can get this by typing %localappdata% into the address bar in file explorer.

2) From there, go into "Flying-W Simulation"

3) You should now be in a folder with a name similar to "C:\Users\simon\AppData\Local\FlyingWSimulation".  "Simon" is my Windows user id, yours will be different most likely.

4) You will see one or more folders like this:

image.png.a800f1dc33ccacd732c2176f0f2772f5.png

5) Delete all the folders that start with "TrafficBoardFrontEnd"

Thanks
Simon

Still no luck. Those files dont exist either when i go into that directory my FlyingWSimulation folder is just completely empty. 

I'm sorry to say this is a windows problem and I've no idea why it's happening to you.  My only other suggestion is to check the "VirtualStore" folder in your screen shot.  Sometimes Windows 7 puts files into there.  Send me a screenshot of that too if you wish.  If you see "FlyingWSimulation" in there or anything starting "TrafficBoardFrontEnd", delete them.

Simon

7 hours ago, flying-w said:

I'm sorry to say this is a windows problem and I've no idea why it's happening to you.  My only other suggestion is to check the "VirtualStore" folder in your screen shot.  Sometimes Windows 7 puts files into there.  Send me a screenshot of that too if you wish.  If you see "FlyingWSimulation" in there or anything starting "TrafficBoardFrontEnd", delete them.

Simon

that folder is also empty with no content. I think you're correct. It seems to be a windows problem because none of those files seem to exist. Looks like ill have to re install it. 😞 

appreciate your help

On 9/23/2018 at 7:49 AM, flying-w said:

Simon

Would you have any solutions I could try out by any chance😅it’s just super traffic board is an essential part of my fsx experience so I’m kinda desperate here. If not then no worries 

Last two suggestions I'm afraid:

1) Delete trafficboardfrontend.exe.config

2) If that does not help, consider reinstalling Microsoft .net V2 and V3.5

Sorry I can't find a better solution.

Simon

21 hours ago, flying-w said:

Simon

I think Microsoft net is where my problem resides but unfortunately I get a “error had occurred not all of the features were successfully changed” message when I try to install it which I’ve tried and unable to resolved. Think re install of windows is my only solution. Thanks for your assistance anwyay.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:38 PM, flying-w said:

Simon

sorry to bother again but i deleted trafficboardfrontend.exe.config as suggested and i got "connectionstring" has an unexpected declaration. Any idea what this means?