The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
diceflo

Is there a way to go back?

So my problems have continued and I wanted to try with the old version to see if the problems have started after that. I notice that my times seem to be off with passenger traffic arriving around 3am which doesn't make sense. I also have very few arrivals but regular departures and am not sure what is causing that but I am trying to figure it out. Which version is the last one? there have been a lot of versions which I am grateful for but it's a little hard to remember what version did what. thanks

Uninstall, reinstall the base STB version and then whatever update you see fit.  Each update has a summary of changes which you'll see in the prolouge.  However I don't think it's going to help your situation.  The simulator chooses when to generate AI and how much, STB is simply reporting what's there in the simulator.

Simon

uh oh, I deleted my STB and installed with the next to last one but I am getting this error. Do I still need to install the data server if I only use the same computer each time?

crash.txt

There's a mismatch in your airport database files, so something went amiss somewhere when you were uninstalling.  Go to your STB Application Folder, then the Database folder, then delete files ending in ".bin".

C:\Users\simon\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard V4 Client\Prepar3D V4\Database

thank you, that has helped the situation. I do have lots of cancelled arrivals due to excessive schedule delay. Does that mean I have the traffic settings too high or I have to much ai flight plans? I still have a lot less departures than arrivals but I am living with it. At the new EBBR I have about 50 departures and 6 arrivals and at KJFK I have around 112 departures and around 22 arrivals. Does that seem like an accurate amount? If it is then there is no problem and everything is fine 🙂

Cancelled arrivals are typically flights expected to happen on the basis of the traffic BGLs, however for whatever reason the simulator never created them.  The number of flights you see at any particular airport is highly dependent on the choice of AI package, quality of schedules therein and the airports involved having sufficient parking for the demands of the traffic BGLs.  What you see is not unreasonable, but like I say there's no hard and fast rule.

Simon

Hi, sorry to keep this going but I am having some new problems and I thought I would share them with you. I am attaching a screen shot to explain

1. The message across the screen states it can't find the departure plan, I use AIG flight plans so I am not sure what this message means.

2.  One problem that keeps coming up is the message deleted due to excessive schedule delay. I also have some more messages telling me there are more deletions and cancellation and slew resets. can you explain exactly what those mean. I reduced my traffic sliders to 5o percent but I still have those messages.

3. There are double flight numbers in the arrivals board. I only have one flight plan for that airline.

The double flight plans I can live with, but the other problems are pestering me, Thanks as always.

stb problem.png

1. It means there are still problems in your Traffic BGLs.  However I will consider moving this to the new content error reporting system so you can turn that message off.

2.  Add the "Object ID" column to your display.  Set up a trace as per Appendix C of the user guide, restart STB, reproduce the problem, send me the trace file and a new screenshot showing one the problem.  Make sure the Object ID value is visible for each flight in the screenshot.

3. Can't really imagine what it is without a picture.

What version of STB are you currently using?

Thanks

Simon

Thank you, glad it wasn't that difficult for you. I am using  STB 4.2.2018.20200. Also Glad that I found something for you that will help others who may be having the same problem.