The simFlight Network Forums

EDDS is released

AirJamaica

Right, this is what has annoyed me.  I see it as lazy, unprofessional and unbecoming in a commercially sold product.  There are quite a few errors in "Real Traffic" but this one gets under my skin.

There are multiple uses of the same aircraft registration in the edds_gaandlocaltraffic file.  That would be OK to reflect, for example, an arrival of an aircraft and its departure; however, this is not the case for many lines in the "Real Traffic" addon for EDDS. Using just one example of many, have a look at the following 6 lines:

EDDS, EDSB, 06:15, PL2, DHHSA, 0, 1, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDSB, EDDS, 06:16, CJ5, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDDS, EDDM, 07:05, H25, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDDS, EDZF, 08:59, BEC, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDSB, EDDS, 13:47, SR2, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDDM, EDDS, 15:08, DF9, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA

1. So "Real Traffic" uses of the registration D-HHSA for 6 different aircraft types!  A quick search on the web shows that D-HHSA is actually a Robinson R22 Beta II helicopter.

2. The timings conflict, the first line has PL2 D-HHSA off chocks at Stuttgart at 0615 but then it also calls up for arrival just 1 minute later as a CJ5.

3. It is not even dep/arr/dep/arr/dep/arr; it is dep/arr/dep/dep/arr/arr so it departs twice before arriving twice.

I'm sure these problems will result in some aircraft 'no shows' as will the other multiple-use of aircraft registrations.  Very disappointing. Laziness? Amateurish? But not "Real Traffic".

BTW, the first "Delta" in the callsign can be dropped just like the "November" for US registered GA.  I have modified my callsigns but have used snips from the original "Real Traffic" file above.

@hexzed  Ben, I'm looking forward to your custom schedule!

4 hours ago, winsaudi said:

The B733_ag ahows up in ASL Airliines livery.  But why the skin is in the texpack but not the schedule only Gabor can say.  While examining the files I did notice something that annoyed me, I'll post it separately below.

Do we know which ASL Airlines it is as listed in several countries?

6 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Right, this is what has annoyed me.  I see it as lazy, unprofessional and unbecoming in a commercially sold product.  There are quite a few errors in "Real Traffic" but this one gets under my skin.

There are multiple uses of the same aircraft registration in the edds_gaandlocaltraffic file.  That would be OK to reflect, for example, an arrival of an aircraft and its departure; however, this is not the case for many lines in the "Real Traffic" addon for EDDS. Using just one example of many, have a look at the following 6 lines:

EDDS, EDSB, 06:15, PL2, DHHSA, 0, 1, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDSB, EDDS, 06:16, CJ5, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDDS, EDDM, 07:05, H25, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDDS, EDZF, 08:59, BEC, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDSB, EDDS, 13:47, SR2, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA
EDDM, EDDS, 15:08, DF9, DHHSA, 0, 0, 0, DHHSA, DELTA HOTEL HOTEL SIERRA ALPHA

1. So "Real Traffic" uses of the registration D-HHSA for 6 different aircraft types!  A quick search on the web shows that D-HHSA is actually a Robinson R22 Beta II helicopter.

2. The timings conflict, the first line has PL2 D-HHSA off chocks at Stuttgart at 0615 but then it also calls up for arrival just 1 minute later as a CJ5.

3. It is not even dep/arr/dep/arr/dep/arr; it is dep/arr/dep/dep/arr/arr so it departs twice before arriving twice.

I'm sure these problems will result in some aircraft 'no shows' as will the other multiple-use of aircraft registrations.  Very disappointing. Laziness? Amateurish? But not "Real Traffic".

Wayne, please email this to Gabor as it is a very important glitch that needs fixing. Thank you. 

Yesterday I played EDDS in 4 segments covering 0600 to 1000.  My initial thoughts of poor RT schedules were confirmed by the following:

From the schedule file only 75% of flights spawned, so 25% failed to appear. From the GA & local file only 46% of flights spawned so a 56% failure rate.

There are other schedule errors such as:

In RL the TUI flights are operated by TUI fly Deutschland not the UK arm so the codes & callsigns are incorrect; in RL the KLM flights are operated by KLM Cityhopper not KLM main; there are no cargo flights in the schedule; many airlines are missing and a quick look at the Stuttgart Airport website for flights today show Tarom, Corendon Airlines, Finnair, Condor, Fly Egypt, Flybmi, Orange2fly, Laudamotion, TAP Air Portugal, Freebird, Air Serbia, Twin Jet, Iberia Express - none of which is in the "Real Traffic" for EDDS.

There are other errors but I think I've made my point.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, winsaudi said:

My initial thoughts of poor RT schedules were confirmed by the following:

From the schedule file only 75% of flights spawned, so 25% failed to appear. From the GA & local file only 46% of flights spawned so a 56% failure rate.

Wayne, I find it interesting that you would point to poor RT schedules as a reason for planes not spawning. Could you elaborate? In most cases I've found gate availability to be the main cause. What are you seeing?

12 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Craig, I apologise for my poor terminology, they did not spawn and the log recorded "no free terminal".  

OK, so to be clear planes not spawning due to "no free terminal" are sim engine/airport related and not due to the RT schedules.

There is a possibility to spawn all flights by tampering a bit with terminal files or by fragmening schedule into parts.

I will make my own schedule for it to reflect real up to date flights with a good real terminal file.
In smaller KSAN (gates) - on my custom schedule I got everything spawned. I'm playing it with my own pre printed solid flightstrips, I will do the same for this one :) 

I like this one. I'm planning to do the EPKK (Krakow Poland) schedules for it as it is almost the same and liveries are there 😄

2 hours ago, BullRot said:

There is a possibility to spawn all flights by tampering a bit with terminal files or by fragmening schedule into parts.

As a custom schedule creator I've made snippets available for this very reason. However, I prefer to "keep it real" so "tampering" with the terminal file is not something I would entertain. Also, I don't think this would work at some of the bigger airports, especially KLAX.  Unless you're talking 15 minute fragments. 🙂    

• 2 weeks later...