The simFlight Network Forums

EDDS Airport Errors

winsaudi

Can someone check the following please?  Just to make sure I haven't got a corrupt installation of EDDS.

1. Runway 07 is marked as 17R, see photo below.  Runway 25 is marked as 34R.

2. There are no runway hold short markings anywhere on the airport, but aircraft do stop before entering the runway.

Thanks.

EDDS Errors 07-min.png

I don't have it, yet (well, yesterday was a bank holiday), but judging by the screenshot, it's not the only mistake with this end of the runway as it seems. If they haven't changed it within the last two years, Runway 07 has a displaced threshold beginning at Taxiway I instead of K.

As you can see here: https://goo.gl/maps/MH5D5jdP8x12

I found another problem. I cant get the Cargo Terminal to work...

This is what the Output log gives me, when i try to have a cargo plane (UPS - plane type 752) at the cargo area: Airplane dropped, no international terminal.

Custom plane found: B752
Airplane dropped, no international terminal: UPS8218

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

20:45:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND * UPS8218 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_NONE to STATE_WAITING
20:45:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND * UPS8218 => Init airplane   type: 752 code: B752 category: III class: NARROW_BODY_JET
CREATE SERVER AIRPLANE: UPS8218

I added UPS to the terminal_cargo in the teminal.txt 

Terminal_1: AFL,BCY,CLH,EWG,GWI,THY
Terminal_2: AUA,BEE,DLH,EIN,SWR
Terminal_3: ADR,AEE,BAW,DAL,EZY,JOR,KLM,LOT,SAS,VLG,CFG,BEE,IBE,PGT,TOM
Terminal_4: CSA,HOP,LGW,OAW,OHY,PGA,RYR,SXD,SXS
Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_Cargo: UPS

Any help is appreciated, if there is a solution to it, that i am not seeing.

Hi FeelThere,

My early forays into EDDS, plus those of my international friends, suggest 8 reasons for an SP:

1. Runway 07 appears Out Of The Window (OOTW) as 17R.

2. Runway 25 appears OOTW as 34R.

3. OOTW all runway hold short line markings are missing.

4. All jetways are missing as reported by @AirJamaica

5. There may be a problem with the cargo terminal as reported by @jonas243

6. Plus I'll add the incorrect colour of the parking bay markings which in T3D are red but Google Earth/Maps show in white (see the picture below for the incorrect red lines).

7. The 07 threshold is not displaced as in RL as reported by @DeltaVII

8. The lack of acceptability for heavy aircraft as reported by @hexzed (which I accept may be a problem with RT).

Throw in the very poor Real Traffic add-on plus the initial incorrect links (to RC KMEM) on the FeelThere website and, to say the least, I am somewhat disappointed in the product given how long this airport has been in the pipeline.

Sorry, but for me EDDS is 'a swing and a miss'.

Wayne

parking.png

• Upvote 1

Wayne, add to that the lines for ground trafic to the right of the red building on your pic are wrong. They go straight throught the 2 parking spots on the right. In real life they go to the left ( where those trucks are parked) and then to the right in front of de parking spots. Now catering etc. have to drive through the aircraft.

• 1 month later...