The simFlight Network Forums

Real Color - A New Concept

winsaudi

Just now, nyergesdesign said:

What do you mean about they are unable to arrive? They can't land or you can't send the planes to the terminal?

As in they won’t ever arrive. They’ll never call in, since the game has it so if there’s no available gates, planes won’t land. During the early hours you pretty much emtpy terminal one, so if you do it one go everything is fine, but if you start at 9, for some reason all the gates have aircrafts already there. Thus arrivals will only come in once someone requests a pushback. And at 9 there isn’t a lot of departing traffic

8 minutes ago, Wikk said:

As in they won’t ever arrive. They’ll never call in, since the game has it so if there’s no available gates, planes won’t land. During the early hours you pretty much emtpy terminal one, so if you do it one go everything is fine, but if you start at 9, for some reason all the gates have aircrafts already there. Thus arrivals will only come in once someone requests a pushback. And at 9 there isn’t a lot of departing traffic

That is the issue with the game that everyone moans about for all airports..it loads up to 8 hours worth and if nothing departs nothing can get in until the terminals free up. That's why many on this forum suggest using the snippet custom schedules (2 to 3 hours worth) that people produce (or create your own) to reduce the amount that loads in to solve this issue 😀. This is a game logic issue, not anything that Gabor at nyergesdesign controls. 😪

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pedantic G said:

That is the issue with the game that everyone moans about for all airports..it loads up to 8 hours worth and if nothing departs nothing can get in until the terminals free up. That's why many on this forum suggest using the snippet custom schedules (2 to 3 hours worth) that people produce (or create your own) to reduce the amount that loads in to solve this issue 😀. This is a game logic issue, not anything that Gabor at nyergesdesign controls. 😪

Yeh I had my suspicions it was the game, just thought I’d double check. Thanks for the answer. Both of you have done an incredible job with this airport, it’s amazing how well it works despite game limitations. Great work @nyergesdesign, and you @Pedantic G as I read you’ve been helping out as well. And perhaps @ATControl -- Joe? Anyway it’s a great airport, and I’m looking forward to try it with snippet schedules😁

• Thanks 1

@nyergesdesign I discovered an issue with RW20. I know it's an unused runway, but I wanted to experiment a bit with different runways. I had a Dassault Falcon 900 taking off, and whilst I wasn't really looking, I got a succesful takeoff message, but the plane didn't lift off. Actually it was nowhere to be seen, like if it had just dropped through the ground.

20190109172953_1.jpg

It's not an issue with runway 20.  The problem is within Real Traffic and with that particular aircraft that never gets airborne; if on approach and told to go around it plummets to the ground.  This particular aircraft fault has been reported many times but clearly is still not fixed.

7 minutes ago, winsaudi said:

It's not an issue with runway 20.  The problem is within Real Traffic and with that particular aircraft that never gets airborne; if on approach and told to go around it plummets to the ground.  This particular aircraft fault has been reported many times but clearly is still not fixed.

Oh my bad. I have never experienced it before so I didn’t know

4 hours ago, Wikk said:

Quick question. I’ve had some runs with Barcelona, and as I always like to do with new airports, I like going through the entire day chronologically. I noticed however, in my first session I played from 6 to around 9, and then today as I started at 9 to continue, I noticed that all gates were filled up, so the majority of arriving traffic was unable to arrive. I don’t know if this is a game issue, and not adjustable, or if it’s something that can be changed in the schedule/terminal files? 

Since the later morning hours are mainly arrivals, they’re left quite useless startpoints since most traffic is unable to land

This is a known issue with the base game. It loads 8 hours of flights and consequently it can cause many flights in the schedule to be dropped. That's why in all my custom schedules I provide snippets - 2 to 3 hour schedule slices to get around the loading issue as much as possible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wikk said:

Yeh I had my suspicions it was the game, just thought I’d double check. Thanks for the answer. Both of you have done an incredible job with this airport, it’s amazing how well it works despite game limitations. Great work @nyergesdesign, and you @Pedantic G as I read you’ve been helping out as well. And perhaps @ATControl -- Joe? Anyway it’s a great airport, and I’m looking forward to try it with snippet schedules😁

Thanks for the kind words but it's Gabor and his team at @nyergesdesign that do the hard work. I just do some testing and give him problems to fix and make livery suggestions which he then has to fix and make good! Mind you I have given him quite a few headaches, hence it took a while to finalise and release but it is a fun airport to run and operationally challenging if operated as per real life scenarios 👍

On 1/9/2019 at 4:05 PM, Wikk said:

20 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

Thanks for the kind words but it's Gabor and his team at @nyergesdesign that do the hard work. I just do some testing and give him problems to fix and make livery suggestions which he then has to fix and make good! Mind you I have given him quite a few headaches, hence it took a while to finalise and release but it is a fun airport to run and operationally challenging if operated as per real life scenarios 👍

Barcelona is the trophy of a really long and hard work. Thank you for the appreciation, but it stands for @Pedantic G and @ATControl -- Joe as they are part of the nyergesdesign team 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

what is a snippet schedule? is this like when i down load a custom schedule to use wher it says like power hours like different blocks of a schedule

Yes indeed alaskaguy. @crbscott started this off in his original custom schedules as it only loads a set amount of hours and therefore eliminates the likelihood of non arrivals due to gates being full of departures etc and helps the game to flow more accurately

As a rule, the number of gates at an airport determine the number of inbound and outbound flights.
Even at peak times, with a snippet schedule like cbrascott and I use, all scheduled arrivals will appear, as the gates won't be slam packed.

So, if you make a snippet schedule based off real data, you should have no trouble with everyone having a place to park. 🙂

20 minutes ago, nyergesdesign said:

Hey guys,

I'm very pleased to say that the JFK RC update is out now!

Big thanks to crbascott, Braf123456, hexzed and Pedantic G!

Version number: SP3

Have a great time controlling!
Gabor

were can i get the updated jfk version