The simFlight Network Forums

Getting in a flap with my flaps!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to FSUIPC and this my first (and probably one of many) posts on this forum. I've downloaded version 5 for P3D V4 as I'm in the process of moving forward with P3D after many years of FSX. I want to become more involved in directly controlling my aircraft and profiling different types through FSUIPC. I've read the manual although much of it is alien to me at this stage so I've started experimenting with the Carenado A36. I've turned off the use of controllers in the P3D menu and am trying to program direct through FSUIPC. So far I've been successful and set up the ailerons, throttle, rudder, brakes, elevator etc. (I'm using a Saitek yoke btw) Now I'm stumped on the flaps! I trying to program up and down with the use of detentes with 2 buttons on the yoke. All I'm getting is flaps up or down. I've tried different combinations in the menu i.e. flaps detente set, incr, decr, up down etc but they only go up or down with no increments in between. Am I trying something that is not possible with just 2 buttons? I also have the Saitek throttle quadrant but ideally I want to keep the the 3 levers for throttle, pitch and mixture. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mike

On 10/13/2018 at 6:48 PM, Mike123 said:

So far I've been successful and set up the ailerons, throttle, rudder, brakes, elevator etc. (I'm using a Saitek yoke btw) Now I'm stumped on the flaps! I trying to program up and down with the use of detentes with 2 buttons on the yoke. All I'm getting is flaps up or down. I've tried different combinations in the menu i.e. flaps detente set, incr, decr, up down etc but they only go up or down with no increments in between. Am I trying something that is not possible with just 2 buttons?

All you can really do with two buttons is send the Flaps incr and Flaps decr controls, which move one detente up or down. This surely is sufficient. What more would you want to do, jump detentes? Why? You can't do that in a real aircraft.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your reply. I have no desire to jump detentes. Since writing my last post I have now  figured out how to set the flaps by more experimentation and reading the manual more thoroughly. I've also set up my PMDG aircraft with their flap detentes successfully. 

Thanks, Mike