The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ColR1948

New airport arrival showing but no departure

I created some new water airports for my sea planes, I did the find runways and airports in the configuration.

I go the the sea base and TVB found it no problem, but no departure aircraft, I selected Arrival and the arrival flight was there but later on.
So I went to the other sea base and again no departure, I click on arrival and it was listed for the other base.

Now my next problem is mine not yours, I was about to write this post when my PC died, I think it's the power pack, I'm on my laptop at the moment so can't do any more testing yet till it's sorted.

Col.

Not a lot of detail to go on here.  Please compare the results you are seeing in STB with Traffic Toolbox.

Simon

Hi Simon,  The PC I use for FS I'm waiting for the power pack to arrive, I recently had to re-install FSX and not yet got Traffic Toolbox sorted yet.

Sorry if my post was a bit sketchy, I'm hoping it comes today then I will get on to it, thanks for the reply by the way, I'll have to put this on hold till I'm up and running.

Col.

My apologies, the error was my own doing.  I slightly modified this particular aircraft and in doing so I had the aircraft.cfg backed up, it was the aircraft in the backup I selected instead of the one in the modified cfg doh!

Anyway it all works now, selected the sea base with STB then there she was sat on the water ready to taxi .

working.jpg

That looks good.  May I ask where you obtain the AI from please?  It's something I've not really explored much before.

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon, It is not really an AI, it's a MAAM Sim DC3 Amphibian, I lowered the floats to hide the wheels, I've done that with a few Amphibians, this one was really a flyable but I doctored the cfg.

I have a few flyable sea planes that I doctored to use as AI as well, on a side issue I made a few water AFCADS for FS9, I tried to change them to work in FSX, then after a bit of trouble I just left them as they are in FS9 format and they worked no problem, I used the old AFCAD program to make them, just simple ones with parking and taxi to runway, named them X*** like the one above is next to Liverpool Airport so I named it XGGP.

What I do is as I'm flying low level I spot some lake or estuary that I think would make a good sea/water base then slew the aircraft on to it using the default map to get the coordinates etc then jot them down, then go to the AFCAD program and make a simple base, also remember some lakes are not sea level so note the altitude when jotting down the coordinates. 

As I said in my earlier post STB accepts it no problem after I did the 'Make Runways' and Airports thing, so when I select the airport it shows up as a normal land airport with whatever traffic I have put there.

Col.