The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SWA4420

E-Jets v2 w/P3dv4 & FSX-SE - trim problem

Hi - I have the E-Jets v2 series for both FSX and P3D v4.3, and I cannot set the trim in either sim - it's "pegged" at 13.0, with the aural warning TRIM.  If I use the num7, it will move the trim down into the green, but when I release the key, it moves back up to 13.0.  I'm running Win7-64.  My hardware setup is Saitek Cessna yoke, throttle, and pedals, along with the GoFlight Airliner Captain hardware.  Any help/ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Jim

Hi - you mean trim sensitivity?  no...I'll give that a try and report back....

Tried changing sensitivity - no change, problem still exists.

Edited by SWA4420
Updated after test

Check to confirm the yoke is centered through calibration.  The yoke not being centered will cause the behavior you are reporting.

If the autopilot is having to overtrim to fly it means your hardware is sending a out of trim command to the plane.

Make sure BEFORE engaging the autopilot that the plane is correctly trimmed for the stage of flight = the yoke is centered and the plane is following the correct angle of attack.  The need to do this is described in the manual.

I can't even fly it because the trim is pinned at 13.0 at start up.  I reset all axes to default, and that didn't change anything.  I'm wondering if my yoke is "dying" though it works fine in X-Plane 11....

8 hours ago, SWA4420 said:

the trim is pinned at 13.0 at start up.

Load a default aircraft.  Set this plane, say the basic Cessna, so trim is centered on the ground and the  'cold and dark'.

This process is outlined in the ERJ manual.