The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro, other countries airports to be released any time soon?

MAW

What I don't understand is why Joe only used 7L for arrivals and 7R for departures only?

In reality, LEBL operates 7L for both arrivals and departures. 7R is mainly used for departures but also arrivals when there is overflow traffic.

Looking forward to your response Joe :)

Got to say; those taxiway and ramp graphics are a step in the right direction.

Will we be seeing an update to EDDM to be at the same standard?

28 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

What I don't understand is why Joe only used 7L for arrivals and 7R for departures only?

In reality, LEBL operates 7L for both arrivals and departures. 7R is mainly used for departures but also arrivals when there is overflow traffic.

Looking forward to your response Joe 🙂

Got to say; those taxiway and ramp graphics are a step in the right direction.

Will we be seeing an update to EDDM to be at the same standard?

Well since there is no 'overflow' traffic, then there is no point in splitting the runway use is there

6 hours ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Look up the charts.

Reading some noise rules and a need for written request for a specific runway for operational reason.  Only weight restrictions I read where light non-resident may not be permitted based on summer traffic -

http://vau.aero/navdb/chart/LEBL.pdf

Please assist as I'm not seeing 'no heavies ...'.

32 minutes ago, scoobflight said:

Reading some noise rules and a need for written request for a specific runway for operational reason.  Only weight restrictions I read where light non-resident may not be permitted based on summer traffic -

http://vau.aero/navdb/chart/LEBL.pdf

Please assist as I'm not seeing 'no heavies ...'.

Agreed.  There is nothing out there.  The comments are unfounded. 

Section 1.2.2 indicates the preferred configuration is west flow. However, it appears Joe decided to demonstrate the "non-preferential" configuration in his early look video. And in this non-preferential configuration, the typical runway usage is 7L for arrivals and 7R for arrivals and departures. However, there is verbiage indicating 7L can be used for departures instead of 7R if deemed necessary. In looking at plane spotting videos and sites, 7L is definitely used by some heavies (long haul)

Are departures on 7L mandatory for heavies? No. Do heavies actually use 7L for departures? Yes. Comments unfounded? A little harsh, but what else is new.