The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro, other countries airports to be released any time soon?

MAW

6 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

Let me clear some issues up:
EDDM: not our product, please contact Gabor for support of their product(s).
EDDS missing gates: I think it was the biggest mistake we ever made and I'm so sorry that it happened, but we already modeled them and the SP will address it asap. Naturally the SP will be free as always. As the holding lines; The non US airports are much more expensive and much more difficult for us to develop so we had no intention to every line and marking to be added; the goal was is to have the general taxiways and parkings (sorry for EDDS once again!) added to get the "feel" of the airport and not to recreate every single feature. You can expect similar details for the upcoming EGKK, CYVR, YMML and OMDB. However we learned our lesson and once they'll be released we will go back to US onlyairports.

As of the future version it's totally unrelated to the current airport add-on developments there is no co-relation between it's development and the current airport release schedule. 

I'm sorry that some of you feel the base software is buggy to the point of useless but what makes me feel a bit better is that most of the feedback we receive every day tells me there are lots of you who enjoy playing the sim and not to mention every time I visit any other developer's forum I find at least one similar comment about bugs, etc.

For our own defense Tower!3D is only the second release of the franchise while P3D4 and Xplane both are beyond their 10th release. I can just dream how Tower!3D 10 will feel and look like but with your support we'll get there! 🙂 

Thank you so much and we wish you Folks a nice weekend 🙂

Vic

Thanks for your feedback, Vic. However, there's some things I'd like to add.

I know that EDDM is not your product - but by distributing it on your website, it looks like FeelThere's approval. With all it's flaws. That is different from your work for FSX where at all times there's transparency of you not being affiliated with MS at any level and no one would expect a third-party developer to be. And there's another catch to it: Customers expect a much closer cooperation of developer and designer when both are small companies. For the eye of Average Joe, both FT and ND are not distinguishable. No matter what, every product management that to the average buyer seems poorly handled will inevitably bite FeelThere in the behind.

And the thing is: We pretty much enjoy Tower3D (which is why we wait for Tower3D II). Most of us can even live with the problems that come with the logical design - like fixed landing distances, no use for high speed exits and such. But that is exactly why obvious bugs (like the EDDM tugs, the spinning Deltas on the M and MA ramps at Kennedy or missing holding points at KMCO) that are kept unhandled are such a pain in the ass! It's like buying a Learjet with a malfunctioning cabin pressurization system and randomly twisted rudder axes: you can use it, you might enjoy flying it, but there are limits that don't need to be there and should be easily fixable, and new features (like the autopilot performing a barrel roll) aren't necessary as long as the product itself is not fixed. And I mean "fixed" in a you-buy-a-learjet-you-expect-a-learjet way, and not in a you-buy-a-learjet-you-expect-an-A380 way.

But please see it from our perspective, too. We come home, eat, and then want relax by enjoying an hour (or two) doing what we like: play a game directing planes. We're in the flow. And - boom - there's a plane just behind the holding line not finding a way to the gate, because that gate is inop due to a missing tug. Another plane won't push back because of the same issue. Then a Croatian DH1 goes on a cross-country tour on pushback and gets pulled across the runway into nirvana. Or a plane being issued the way to a runway starts spinning in circles through the terminal structures crashing into other planes (causing a penalty when another plane happens to spawn at that exact moment). Or planes being stuck on the runway and piling up for an hour, because others landing on crossing runways creep to their exits closing the window for safe departures. Or planes taking a wild exit instead of the one they were assigned to and producing a deadlock. Or planes stopping at the last taxiway before the runway and not stopping at the holding line crashing into the already lined-up plane. Or planes spinning in circles on the threshold unable to take off while another is on a 6-mile final approach to crashing into it. Those moments are unnerving and take away the fun experience.

• Like 1

Thank you Folks for the support 🙂 My goal is to enjoy Tower 10 with all of you (I'm not sure how's the wifi at 6 feet under so it would take a while to upload the files from down under and no, I'm not talking about Australia) 🙂 Seriously, you folks surprised us by your support for T!3D and for sure the next version will give you more control (more tools for modding for example).

As of "approving" other's work; we never did that and not planning to do that in the future either. We provide a platform to fellow developers (hopefully we will see more with the next Tower release) but we will not provide quality control for them.

Thank you

Vic

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Thank you Folks for the support 🙂 My goal is to enjoy Tower 10 with all of you (I'm not sure how's the wifi at 6 feet under so it would take a while to upload the files from down under and no, I'm not talking about Australia) 🙂 Seriously, you folks surprised us by your support for T!3D and for sure the next version will give you more control (more tools for modding for example).

As of "approving" other's work; we never did that and not planning to do that in the future either. We provide a platform to fellow developers (hopefully we will see more with the next Tower release) but we will not provide quality control for them.

Thank you

Vic

I have looked at the beginning stages of what Gatwick will look like and it looks really cool can't wait to have this one in my list of airports I have with tower 3D Pro do you know if it will be sometime this month or not until like the beginning of the new year no big deal if you don't as it will be when they have it done, I also saw the biggest reason that it takes a while to get a new airport out is the coding for the airport is this in fact correct.

1 hour ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

I have looked at the beginning stages of what Gatwick will look like and it looks really cool can't wait to have this one in my list of airports I have with tower 3D Pro do you know if it will be sometime this month or not until like the beginning of the new year no big deal if you don't as it will be when they have it done, I also saw the biggest reason that it takes a while to get a new airport out is the coding for the airport is this in fact correct.

Yeah gatwick is my favorite airport to watch planes so it will be interesting to get to control it