The simFlight Network Forums
IanHarr

Stated times

How does STB get the time of my User flight?

My flight is due to depart at 18:45. STB is announcing 18:04 as departure.

Consequently the gate is "closed" although passengers are still boarding.

Is this correctable?

Ian Harrison

STB estimates the user departure time based on a number of factors, including what it can learn about the state of the aircraft which varies with each manufacture.  The question here is how would STB know it's your intention to depart at 18:45?  If that's a time of your choosing, maybe a facility where you could specify your departure time would help?

Thanks

Simon

Thanks for the reply.

That's why I asked the question.😉

GSX had a similar problem where the number of passengers boarding was calculated from the weight of the plane. That resulted in planes being filled with

more passengers than seats. It was resolved with an option to fill in the number of passengers at start up.

I do not use the P3D flight planner, I import my flight plans. So I have to use the screen where that info ( Dept. and Arrival) is entered manually.

If you could provide a block to enter Departure time (the existing " time till departure" doesn't work for this) that would be excellent.

Regards,

Ian Harrison