The simFlight Network Forums

Departure

Braf123456

On 11/22/2018 at 9:39 PM, Ron C said:

Salad, attached is the list of 39 different commercial and general aviation destination airports that I depart on Runway 24L for flights located in the south terminal complex and the GA/Cargo areas.   This list is based on crbascott's 8 Aug 2018 KLAX 7 day daily schedule which I use for KLAX.  I hope this helps  or anyone else who might want to use it.    

KLAX RWY 24 Departures List.docx

Awesome work Ron C!

I'm working on simplified departure routes from LAX, and also including noise abatement between 00:00 to 06:30

I had to simplify it because there are a few departures to the same destination that seem to use different SID's based on the time they depart.

I have been using https://flightaware.com/analysis/route.rvt?origin=KLAX&destination=KASE as my basis for deciding which SID to use.

V0.1 to be posted soonish - am about 15% through it so far

Regards,

Peter (BLB)

On 11/14/2018 at 12:27 PM, Braf123456 said:

ok thank you an the last question do u give priority to takeoff to a certain airline or just go as they call out

I have an uncle that pilots for Southwest. And I remember he has told me a couple of times that they get priority clearance for takeoff at LAX over delta because their pay clock starts when the wheels of the plane leave the ground where most airlines pay pilots as soon as they leave the gate. So LAX tower helps them take off a bit sooner.

Edited:" so I try to base it off that when i play LAX."

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ashman99 said:

And I remember he has told me a couple of times that they get priority clearance for takeoff at LAX over delta because their pay clock starts when the wheels of the plane leave the ground where most airlines pay pilots as soon as they leave the gate.

Thanks for letting me know to never ever fly with Southwest. It's frustrating how basically nothing was learnt from Colgan or ValuJet, but it also explains how the FAA could let Boeing basically self-issue the air-worthiness certificate for the Max 8... (Context)