The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Destination local time

Afternoon

An observation,  the destination airport updates to local time zone + the arrival flight times, but the arrival of my flight stays at the origin airport  time zone.

Is this as intended?

PS you attach file size limit is way too small

Regards Alan

Capture.GIF

Working as designed I'm afraid.  The only timezone the simulator is prepared to discuss is the timezone your user aircraft is in so all time's shown in STB are with respect to that timezone.  If your airports are in another timezone I've no idea about that, there's nothing in the simulator to tell me what timezone that is.

Thanks

Simon

Ok, yes new customer being picky.

When your board changes time zone for the destination airport, which happens on route, all good. But if you go back to the origin airport board the time zone has also switched to the destination zone. 

Regards Alan

Correct, we only know one timezone which is the one the user aircraft is in.  All times are with respect to that.  When the user moves between timezones, the times are recalcuated on the basis of the new timzone.

Simon

What I need is a worldwide database of every airport and the timezone it's in for every day of the year, which happens to match the simulator's implementation of timezones (which isn't quite real world accurate).  As far as I know, that does not exist anywhere and the simulator does not make such information available.

Thanks
Simon