CUSTOM SCHEDULE for KPHL 20181107 V3.1.7

Scout Yu

Files included
KPHL_schedule.txt
KPHL_GAandLocalTraffic.txt
KPHL_Terminal.txt
Read_me_notes.txt

Notes:
You need REAL TRAFFIC to enjoy this schedule.  
   Your original KPHL_airplanes.txt and KPHL_airports.txt and KPHL_airlines.txt files should be compatible.
   I only include the two schedule files and the terminal file.

Note #1 make a copy of your KPHL airport folder and never mess with it.  If you begin to make your own schedules, you will wish you had those originals untouched.  Mine was named by windows KPHL - copy and it does not mess with Tower!3D's functions.

Note #2 you can then copy these three files into the KPHL folder and it will overwrite them.  It will also leave the original KPHL_airplanes.txt, KPHL_airports.txt and KPHL_airlines.txt files untouched.

Options for CSB, Cargo South
   The original KPHL_airlines.txt file did not include this airlines and at KPHL, there are many flights per day from this airline.  So if you want to see the CSB that is in my schdule, you can add the following to your KPHL_airlines.txt file.  If you do not do this, no harm, the program still runs, you just won't see CSB arrive or depart.

//CSB added for KPHL flights
CSB, 2I, CARGO SOUTH, 21 Air, United States

Options for REAL COLOR users.
   If you have REAL COLOR, I found my original KPHL_airlines.txt file needed to have one line changed.  Yours may need to be changed too.  To see Piedmont livery, I had to change my original airline file to use the old US airways 2 digit code instead of the new PT code.  So I changed the line in KPHL_airlines.txt.  Otherwise, I would only see the white paint job for Piedmont.

//PDT, PT, PIEDMONT, Piedmont Airlines, United States CHANGED TO "US" FOR REAL COLOR
PDT, US, PIEDMONT, Piedmont Airlines, United States

Working notes.
I changed the terminals file in version 3, removing all airlines that were not used in this particular schedule.  It does make this terminals file unique for this schedule.  I also double checked (FlightAware.com and/or FlightStats.com) to see where many of the affiliate airlines used for arrival and departures and moved them to the proper terminals (thus version 3).  

There are many more airports in the world than are in KPHL_airports.txt.   When a real schedule is used, you have to make a decision to either (1) eliminate those flights, (2) modify the KPHL_airports.txt file, OR (3) change the schedule to move those flights to the closest airport that is in KPHL_airports.txt.  I originally chose option 2, but since it is unclear if I should be uploading massively modified KPHL_airports.txt files from REAL TRAFFIC, I came back to option #3. This option balances reality with realistic.

Good luck.

=====

2/21/2019 Pete_agreatguy offered this modifcation and attchment is below as V3.1.7

"...had to replace the following liveries as I don't own KMEM Real Colours (used this to work out which to replace with):

airline code / aircraft (@Scout Yu's schedule) / replaced with aircraft
ENY / ER3 - E135 (kmem) /  ER4 - E145 (kjfk, klga or kmem)
SKV / E75 - E175 (????) / E70 - E170 (klga)
RPA / E75 - E175 (kmem) / E70 - E170 (katl, kbos, kjfk, klga, klax, kmem, kphl or ksan)
JIA / CR7 - CRJ7 (kmem) / CR9 - CRJ9 (klga or kmem)
I've attached the edited schedule file ONLY for anyone else who, like me, doesn't own KMEM - but would like to see all the liveries 🙂."

KPHL_20181107_V3.1.zip

20181107 kphl graph.JPG

KPHL_20181107_V3.1.7z

Edited by Scout Yu
added pete_agreatguy's modification on 20190225
  • Like 2

I've just had a brief look at your files.

There is no real need to supply the Airplane and airport text files as anybody that has Real traffic will have these files.

I assume you have used the terminal file from Real traffic as well? As i believe that AWE, and CHQ airlines do not exist anymore

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, Scout Yu said:

Files included
KPHL_schedule.txt
KPHL_GAandLocalTraffic.txt
KPHL_Terminal.txt
Read_me_notes.txt

Notes:
You need REAL TRAFFIC to enjoy this schedule.  
   Your original KPHL_airplanes.txt and KPHL_airports.txt and KPHL_airlines.txt files should be compatible.
   I only include the two schedule files and the terminal file.

Note #1 make a copy of your KPHL airport folder and never mess with it.  If you begin to make your own schedules, you will wish you had those originals untouched.  Mine was named by windows KPHL - copy and it does not mess with Tower!3D's functions.

Note #2 you can then copy these three files into the KPHL folder and it will overwrite them.  It will also leave the original KPHL_airplanes.txt, KPHL_airports.txt and KPHL_airlines.txt files untouched.

The original KPHL_airlines.txt file did not include this airlines and at KPHL, there are many flights per day from this airline.  So if you want to see the CSB that is in my schdule, you can add the following to your KPHL_airlines.txt file.  If you do not do this, no harm, the program still runs, you just won't see CSB arrive or depart.

//CSB added for KPHL flights
CSB, 2I, CARGO SOUTH, 21 Air, United States

Options for REAL COLOR users.
   If you have REAL COLOR, I found my original KPHL_airlines.txt file needed to have one line changed.  Yours may need to be changed too.  To see Piedmont livery, I had to change my original airline file to use the old US airways 2 digit code instead of the new PT code.  So I changed the line in KPHL_airlines.txt.  Otherwise, I would only see the white paint job for Piedmont.

//PDT, PT, PIEDMONT, Piedmont Airlines, United States CHANGED TO "US" FOR REAL COLOR
PDT, US, PIEDMONT, Piedmont Airlines, United States

Working notes.
I changed the terminals file in version 3, removing all airlines that were not used in this particular schedule.  It does make this terminals file unique for this schedule.  I also double checked (FlightAware.com and/or FlightStats.com) to see where many of the affiliate airlines used for arrival and departures and moved them to the proper terminals (thus version 3).  

There are many more airports in the world than are in KPHL_airports.txt.   When a real schedule is used, you have to make a decision to either (1) eliminate those flights, (2) modify the KPHL_airports.txt file, OR (3) change the schedule to move those flights to the closest airport that is in KPHL_airports.txt.  I originally chose option 2, but since it is unclear if I should be uploading massively modified KPHL_airports.txt files from REAL TRAFFIC, I came back to option #3. This option balances reality with realistic.

Good luck.

KPHL_20181107_V3.zip

For the CSB traffic that you added into your file; if we add that into the airlines txt will it show up with real color or is it just white? Because I don't believe I have seen 21 Cargo South repaint in the game thus far?

@ashman99

Real Color has only implemented color for some aircraft at each airfield.  Even if it is colored at one airfield, it may not be colored at another airfield, because the color is based upon it's location as well as it's aircraft type, and airline.    CSB is not included in Real Color at this time.  So even if you put it in the airline file, it will not show up as a colored aircraft.  Still, I think that my KPHL schedule that is taken from a real day, includes about 98% Real Color aircraft at this point.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Scout Yu said:

Even if it is colored at one airfield, it may not be colored at another airfield, because the color is based upon it's location

That is not a correct statement. If you have a livery for an airplane (airline, type)  it WILL show up at all airports where that airplane (airline, type) is included in the schedule.   

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2018 at 6:29 PM, Scout Yu said:

The original KPHL_airlines.txt file did not include this airlines and at KPHL, there are many flights per day from this airline.

I'm not so sure about that. I may be wrong, but according to my information, 21Air has a fleet of two B767-200ERSF. This year, they also ordered one B747-400F. However, I could not find any confirmation that this aircraft has been delivered yet.
They operate from Miami and fly to Orlando, Philadelphia and San Juan. As a result, "many flights per day" to KPHL are hard to imagine. (For today I could not find a CSB flight to or from KPHL.)

Furthermore, the IATA code "2I" is reserved for Star Peru in the original Airlines file. This line should be deleted, to be on the safe side, if CSB should be used instead of SRU. And in the Real Color Packs available to me (TIST, KPHL, KLAX, KBOS, EDDM) I couldn't find a reference to a CSB or respectively _2i livery.

As already mentioned, my information doesn't have to be correct - and even if they are, it doesn't mean that you can't do what ever you want in your schedule. So please don't get me wrong. The schedules I have created for myself are far from being even close to realistic.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:29 PM, Scout Yu said:

To see Piedmont livery, I had to change my original airline file to use the old US airways 2 digit code instead of the new PT code.

As @pete_agreatguy already stated, it should not be necessary to change the IATA code.

Regardless of that, at its first glance it seems to be a nice schedule, which I will certainly give a try in the next few days. 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pete_agreatguy said:

There are issues with MP. You need to use snippets in order to play beyond 1400.

Recommend 3 hour snippets for anyone wanting to do MP.

what is MP? 

if it is the issue with lack of gates, then   I think I am finding this in my SFO schedules too.    

p.s. since i am using a real life schedule, should this not be something easy for the program ro figure out when it loads the schedule and does the calculations for which fligjt sits at which gate ?

MP = Multiplayer.

There are issues with how much the Sim can handle. I am unsure on the numbers.

In order to get your schedule to load with traffic onwards from 1500, we had to create a 3 hour "snippet". We did not try prior as we wanted to play 1500 onwards.

It's not your schedule at fault here. Just how much traffic the sim can handle.

@crbascott, @jonas243, @hexzed or someone else may be able to shed more light than myself.

At startup, the sim loads 8 hours worth of flights to apparently appease binge players. As a result, due to the way gates are assigned many departures get dropped and many arrivals will not show up due to a lack of gate availability. I discovered this issue with Tower!2011 and it is actually worse in Tower!3D and Pro (they used to "only" load 6 hours). The only way to combat this issue and to attempt to enjoy a schedule as it was created is to use snippets as Pete shared. I have provided snippets for all my custom schedules and this has been copied by several others - those that focus on quality and even those that focus on quantity.

This problem exits in both single and multiplayer and can impact morning hours as well as afternoon and evening hours.

Note to self - add a fix for this issue to wishlist items. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

At startup, the sim loads 8 hours worth of flights to apparently appease binge players. As a result, due to the way gates are assigned many departures get dropped and many arrivals will not show up due to a lack of gate availability. I discovered this issue with Tower!2011 and it is actually worse in Tower!3D and Pro (they used to "only" load 6 hours). The only way to combat this issue and to attempt to enjoy a schedule as it was created is to use snippets as Pete shared. I have provided snippets for all my custom schedules and this has been copied by several others - those that focus on quality and even those that focus on quantity.

This problem exits in both single and multiplayer and can impact morning hours as well as afternoon and evening hours.

Note to self - add a fix for this issue to wishlist items. 😉

How did you know this 8 hour rule?  Did you create samples and figure it out?   Just curious, doesn't matter really.   

I do see how the power hours will work.   (on a personal level, I do not see how I will be able to handle 99+ flights per hour at KSFO, when I did have a 99+ hour and struggled when the game only gave me 60 fights during that hour.  )  In real life, I don't know how the controllers can handle 99+ flights into places like SFO where you only have 2 runways per direction. Even utillizing the cross runways for takeoffs leads to so many potential conflicts that I would be fired the same day.   It makes places like LAX with 4 parallel runways look easy.  

Just now, Scout Yu said:

How did you know this 8 hour rule?  Did you create samples and figure it out?   Just curious, doesn't matter really.   

I do see how the power hours will work.   (on a personal level, I do not see how I will be able to handle 99+ flights per hour at KSFO, when I did have a 99+ hour and struggled when the game only gave me 60 fights during that hour.  )  In real life, I don't know how the controllers can handle 99+ flights into places like SFO where you only have 2 runways per direction. Even utillizing the cross runways for takeoffs leads to so many potential conflicts that I would be fired the same day.   It makes places like LAX with 4 parallel runways look easy.  

FeelThere mentioned the 8 hour loading process regarding Pro. But I figured out the solution with Tower!2011 before knowing the real cause of the issue.

I prefer the term snippets. Any other term is just a marketing ploy to cover up a stolen idea. 

In real life controllers don't have to deal with the limitations that we have in the sim. I heard some people just use the 28s at KSFO. What's the use of playing these unique airports if you can only use parallel runways?

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2019 at 7:21 AM, pete_agreatguy said:

Playing onwards from 1500, I'm having issues so far with the following aircraft appearing white:

• callsign / airline code / aircraft
  • Bluestreak  / JIA / CR7
  • Brickyard / RPA / E75
  • Mapel / SKV/ E75
  • Envoy / ENY / ER3

But before 15:00 you do see colors for Bluestreak / JIA / CR2?

... my codes before and after 3PM are the same for JIA / CR2.

... But I don't get color on any of my bluesttreak JIA CR2 aircraft anyway.   I figured it was because I don't have a matching real color file for it.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, pete_agreatguy said:

Playing onwards from 1500, I'm having issues so far with the following aircraft appearing white:

• callsign / airline code / aircraft
  • Bluestreak  / JIA / CR7
  • Brickyard / RPA / E75
  • Mapel / SKV/ E75
  • Envoy / ENY / ER3

FIXED - Those who don't own KMEM RC - READ BELOW! DOWNLOAD!:

Had to replace the following liveries as I don't own KMEM Real Colours (used this to work out which to replace with):

• airline code / aircraft (@Scout Yu's schedule) / replaced with aircraft
  • ENY / ER3 - E135 (kmem) /  ER4 - E145 (kjfk, klga or kmem)
  • SKV / E75 - E175 (????) / E70 - E170 (klga)
  • RPA / E75 - E175 (kmem) / E70 - E170 (katl, kbos, kjfk, klga, klax, kmem, kphl or ksan)
  • JIA / CR7 - CRJ7 (kmem) / CR9 - CRJ9 (klga or kmem)

I've attached the edited schedule file ONLY for anyone else who, like me, doesn't own KMEM - but would like to see all the liveries :).

KPHL_20181107_V3.1.7z

4 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

FIXED:

Had to replace the following liveries as I don't own KMEM Real Colours (used this to work out which to replace with):

• airline code / aircraft (@Scout Yu's schedule) / replaced with aircraft
  • ENY / ER3 - E135 (kmem) /  ER4 - E145 (kjfk, klga or kmem)
  • SKV / E75 - E175 (????) / E70 - E170 (klga)
  • RPA / E75 - E175 (kmem) / E70 - E170 (katl, kbos, kjfk, klga, klax, kmem, kphl or ksan)
  • JIA / CR7 - CRJ7 (kmem) / CR9 - CRJ9 (klga or kmem)

I've attached the edited schedule file ONLY for anyone else who, like me, doesn't own KMEM - but would like to see all the liveries 🙂.

KPHL_20181107_V3.1.7z

Thanks.  That makes sense.

• Thanks 1