The simFlight Network Forums
Peeone59

Tower 3d airport add ons

Just now, EliGrim said:

Will the airports also work for the Steam version of Tower!3D Pro, or do I need to purchase them from Steam?

You purchase it through feelthere’s website, and it works with both steam and standalone version

• Thanks 1

This is why they quit publishing anticipated release dates because if those dates got missed it made "some folks" angry. Now they say what is in the pipeline or short final and when it doesn't come out soon enough "some folks" get angry. It's impossible for FeelThere to make "some folks" happy.

However, the fact that "some folks" have their noses to the glass waiting for the store to open has to make FeelThere happy.  If the "some folks" group is big enough and is willing to keep paying full price for new airports there's no reason for FeelThere to begin work on the next version.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, crbascott said:

This is why they quit publishing anticipated release dates because if those dates got missed it made "some folks" angry. Now they say what is in the pipeline or short final and when it doesn't come out soon enough "some folks" get angry. It's impossible for FeelThere to make "some folks" happy.

However, the fact that "some folks" have their noses to the glass waiting for the store to open has to make FeelThere happy.  If the "some folks" group is big enough and is willing to keep paying full price for new airports there's no reason for FeelThere to begin work on the next version.

im sure they have others to work on the new version while others are working on the airports

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

I see what you’re getting at but I think you’re missing the point your “some folks” are trying to get across. It’s not about getting angry, or anything of the sort. And it’s not about anticipated release dates being missed, but it’s the lack of information around it. The problem in itself is not that they say a release date or saying it’s on a short final, but the hesitation to admit that project may be further away than first thought.

This may very well come down to perspective of the wording “short final”, that the developers may look at that phrase with a longer timeline than it’s target group. And that’s the case that, at least I personally I’m trying to get across, it’s a benefit to work through the eyes of your customers when it comes to promotions like this. Keep the “short final” for a couple of weeks top, and if they realize the deadline is to short, just announce that too.

And as for your last part, you’re wishing for people not to express their excitement for projects that they’re genuinely looking forward to. Believe it or not, not everyone is just waiting for the next version of the game, and is happy with how the current version plays. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Dear Folks,

Please let me give you some background about an airport's development.
We need to create the visual (3d work) and also the underlying logic (routes, terminals, etc). It was relatively easy for the US airports as we had so much information but for the international airports we keep running into difficulties; layout changes, information that we find late, etc. EGKK was also a special case with it's unused runway; we had to make sure it's a runway and also a taxiway (which wasn't supported by Tower's engine) so we had to come up with a solution (which we did). Everything caused an unexpected delay.

Also we could've rushed it out before the holidays but rather try to send out more solid releases. However a good news is that Gabor is pretty close with his Barcelona release so we hope you will see two releases in early next year.

Thank you and happy holidays everyone

Vic

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok so to get this right: incoming flight (airport release) was forced to go around due to unforeseen circumstances (drones near the airfield, runway/taxiway issues)  and is currently in a holding pattern near the airport.  Considering fuel, it may get diverted to the secondary airport Barcelona. 

With all joking aside:  Thanks Vic for the update.  I think it the best decision to hold back the release until the New Year and make it a higher quality release than to release it early.  Its the official update that you provide that is much appreciated.  Happy Holidays to all.

7 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

Please let me give you some background about an airport's development.
We need to create the visual (3d work) and also the underlying logic (routes, terminals, etc). It was relatively easy for the US airports as we had so much information but for the international airports we keep running into difficulties; layout changes, information that we find late, etc. EGKK was also a special case with it's unused runway; we had to make sure it's a runway and also a taxiway (which wasn't supported by Tower's engine) so we had to come up with a solution (which we did). Everything caused an unexpected delay.

Also we could've rushed it out before the holidays but rather try to send out more solid releases. However a good news is that Gabor is pretty close with his Barcelona release so we hope you will see two releases in early next year.

Thank you and happy holidays everyone

Vic

Thanks for so much for your hard work an all the airports u have made an will make an for the new version merry Christmas an happy New Years 

12 hours ago, Wikk said:

And as for your last part, you’re wishing for people not to express their excitement for projects that they’re genuinely looking forward to. Believe it or not, not everyone is just waiting for the next version of the game, and is happy with how the current version plays.

Believe it or not, I'm just stating facts. I'm glad you're happy - and so is FeelThere.

"Runway XX, taxi via #taxiway #runway etc for departures...
"Taxi to terminal via #taxiway #runway etc ... for arrivals...

That's two different edits for tower3d.rec

3 hours ago, EliGrim said:

The commands mentioned by @BullRot are already supported by the game via speech recognition.

Not true - at least not out of the box. Modifications to the tower.rec file must be made in order to taxi using a runway.  Additionally, I don't believe these mods are included in your reference card.

40 minutes ago, Sirius said:

@EliGrimMy question was if it's possible to add "taxi via runway" to the voice commands, the "basic" voice commands are familiar.

@crbascottYou don't happen to have a modified tower.rec do you? 🙂

1. Navigate to "C:\SteamClient\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro" or where ever your tower 3d pro is installed.

2. Using Notepad++ find line 22? "#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6"

3. Add the following code BELOW the mentioned line, then save and close :)

#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#runway1;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#runway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#runway1;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#runway1;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#runway1;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#runway1;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6;#runway1
... next line of code ... (do not copy this line into the file)

• Like 1

Thank you!

Out of curiosity does it work for departures as well when I paste it below

#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

Something like this, but I guess it's not possible because of 2x runway1 in the command?

#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#runway1;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#runway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#runway1;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#runway1;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#runway1;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#runway1;#taxiway6
#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6;#runway1

5 hours ago, crbascott said:

Not true - at least not out of the box. Modifications to the tower.rec file must be made in order to taxi using a runway.  Additionally, I don't believe these mods are included in your reference card.

True and true.

1 hour ago, Sirius said:

@EliGrimMy question was if it's possible to add "taxi via runway" to the voice commands, the "basic" voice commands are familiar.

I've read the posts in question a few times and still have missed the runway thing.

I apologize for that.

2 hours ago, Sirius said:

Thank you!

Out of curiosity does it work for departures as well when I paste it below

#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

Something like this, but I guess it's not possible because of 2x runway1 in the command?

This only works for arrivals with voice.

@jonas243, @VenturaGuy101, what code do you change to get it working for departures? And can you get it working on voice?

2 hours ago, Sirius said:

This works for me:

#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#runway2;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

But only if the command is: CALLSIGN, RWxx, TAXI VIA Taxiway, Runway, Taxiway, Taxiway...

If the runway is not in second position it doesn't work, at least not for me.

Edit: With any other combination the command will be repeated but the airplane will not move. Testet with KLAX a couple of minutes ago.

Edited by EliGrim