The simFlight Network Forums

CUSTOM SCHEDULE KSFO 20181103 V2 Scout Yu

Scout Yu

Good morning San Francisco!
It's a quiet Saturday morning with a bit of fog hanging off the bay.  So it's the ILS for 28L and 28R and departures on runways 1 and 28 at your discretion.

San Francisco on a Saturday means the tourists already came in yesterday and the business flights left late last night as well.  There is not a lot of general aviation at SFO, but those private jets are always in a hurry. It is Tower!3D and KSFO on November 3rd, 2018 and you just transferred into the tower before the Thanksgiving rush.  No sweat, you will have a few weeks to get used to the flow.

A quiet Saturday still means surge traffic with everyone wanting to push back in the same 10 minutes of the hours and clumps of arriving flights challenging the exquisite timing required for cross traffic takeoffs.

---You should have Real Traffic for Tower!3D to have this schedule work.  They provide the proprietary files for KSFO_airlines.txt, KSFO_airports.txt, and KSFO_airplanes.txt
This zip file only contains KSFO_schedule.txt, KSFO_terminal.txt, and KSFO_GAandLocalTraffic.txt

In this case, my game files were found at my steam location.  Your's may vary.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\KSFO
Make a copy of your folder called KSFO.
Copy the downloaded files into KSFO.
Replace ksfo_terminal.txt 
Replace ksfo_schedule.txt
Replace ksfo_gaandlocaltraffic.txt
That should do it.
---

Optional:
 ksfo_airlines.txt checks
Optional: replace one line in airlines.txt  defunct 2014 Vincent Aviation with Frenchbee in ksfo_airlines.txt
They both used the two digit code BF, so if you don't, Frenchbee won't show.
old: VAL, BF, VINCENT, Vincent Aviation, New Zealand
new: FBU, BF, FRENCH BEE, Frenchbee, France

p.s. I have run KSFO with this schedule from 6 AM to 10 PM 6 AM as of this upload and it is a challenge or puzzle to space all these flights in and out, but it worked without any FAA penalties.  And this is a quiet Saturday.  Whew.  I wonder if I should try a Monday or Friday schedule.  Those should be tough.

20190102 Added photograph with flights per hour

20181103 flights per hour.JPG

KSFO 20181103 V2.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...