Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
paddler

What additional files are required with PFC C2 Professional

Recommended Posts

Recently I had a full OS failure and thus needed to reinstall all my programs complete. I am using Win 10 latest update, P3D v4.4 clean install, new download of FSUIPC5.15 registered copy.. My Precision Flight Controls C2 Professional Console is about 5 years old, USB connection. I am not sure which other files I need to  download and place in the P3D Modules folder to be able to use and configure this console.  Can I use PFCFSX+PFCcom64 or PFCHID?

In the FSUIPC Manual you identify a PFCP3D4.DLL, but I don't see where to download it. Previously when I got my console none of the axis and buttons showed on FSUIPC and were no then programmable by me. They showed up in the supplied PFC calibration and test program, though some such as Tank Select didn't appear to work properly. It sounds as if this new DLL would be good to have.

Thanks for any help.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paddler said:

Can I use PFCFSX+PFCcom64 or PFCHID?

PFCHid64. The PFCCom versions are for the serial port devices, hence the "COM" in the name. "HID" in the Hid version names says it's for the HID (=USB Human Interface Device) version.

The main DOWSON page on www.schiratti.com/Dowson does tell you:

PFCHID 1.49 

PFChid.DLL and includes PFChid64 for P3D4 An add-on for FSUIPC3, FSUIPC4 or FSUIPC5 to drive PFC's modern USB HID devices June 12th 2017 (1.04 MB)

and it is also listed in the Docnload Links subforum above, thus:

Quote

PFC HID device driver for FS9, FSX, FSX-SE and P3D PFCHID
includes PFChid.DLL for 32-bit sims, and PFChid64.dll for P3D4.

Pete

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete,

Thanks, as I understand then only copy the PFCHID into the Modules folder. 

3 hours ago, paddler said:

In the FSUIPC Manual you identify a PFCP3D4.DLL, but I don't see where to download it. Previously when I got my console none of the axis and buttons showed on FSUIPC and were no then programmable by me. They showed up in the supplied PFC calibration and test program, though some such as Tank Select didn't appear to work properly. It sounds as if this new DLL would be good to have.

Can you enlighten me about this PFCP3D.DLL please. At the moment I can't get FSUIPC to recognize my Cirrus II console for axis calibration. P3D recognizes the console as being present but FSUIPC doesn't respond to it.

 

Thanks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paddler said:

Thanks, as I understand then only copy the PFCHID into the Modules folder. 

No!  For FSUIPC5 and P3D4 you need the 64-bit version, PFChid64.dll!

6 hours ago, paddler said:

Can you enlighten me about this PFCP3D.DLL please. At the moment I can't get FSUIPC to recognize my Cirrus II console for axis calibration. P3D recognizes the console as being present but FSUIPC doesn't respond to it.

That's because it is NOT a joystick type device, and needs a proper HID driver. And that is where PFChid64.DLL comes in! Please read my previous sentence, just above.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete,

My bad, I just used the download file name which holds both drivers and do understand that I only need the PFChid64.dll in the P3D Modules folder. I just tried a flight and it appears to be working fine with the PFC Console. Now I need to learn more of the FSUIPC capabilities for managing Profiles and Joystick naming etc. I am sure that I will have another question or two. 

On page 23 of the Manual you do mention a forthcoming PFCP3D.DLL for PFC equipment. Is that something that will be downloadable in the future?

Thanks again.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paddler said:

On page 23 of the Manual you do mention a forthcoming PFCP3D.DLL for PFC equipment. Is that something that will be downloadable in the future?

PFCP3D.DLL was my early thoughts on the name for PFCcom64.dll (the serial port version). This was because the FSX one was called PFCFSX.DLL.

Could you tell me in which manual, exactly, you see that reference? In the FSUIPC5 User Guide the references on Page 23 are correct. There is one which needs updating on page 39. There's also one needing updating on page 18 in the FSUIPC5 Advanced User's manual.

I will correct those references. (Neither say "forthcoming").

Anyway, PFC Hid equipment needs PFChid.DLL (32-bit) or PFChid64.dll (64 bit).

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete,

The manual I am using is "FSUIPC5: Application interfacing module for Lockheed-Martin's Prepar3D version 4" dated 1st June 2017. Version 5.102 of FSUIPC.dll. The reference is top of page 23 titled "PFC equipment controlled by PFCP3D.DLL" and the comment is on the first line. Is there a more updated copy that I should download? 

Thanks again for helping those of us who are strictly computer users and who understand little of the programming or terminology behind the magical workings. I fear that there are many like myself.We get great enjoyment from our simulators and I appreciate the software that you have created.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, paddler said:

The manual I am using is "FSUIPC5: Application interfacing module for Lockheed-Martin's Prepar3D version 4" dated 1st June 2017. Version 5.102 of FSUIPC.dll. The reference is top of page 23 titled "PFC equipment controlled by PFCP3D.DLL" and the comment is on the first line. Is there a more updated copy that I should download? 

That was the first issue when P3D4 was first released. Are you still using P3D4.0?

The only currently supported version of FSUIPC5 is version 5.15, and that needs at least P3D version 4.1. The current version of P3D is 4.4!

The FSUIPC documentation supplied is listed in the Installation document included in the download ZIP, and that also tells you where to find it all -- in "FSUIPC Documents", a sub-folder in the P3D Modules folder.

You really do need to check that you are using a current and supported version before posting support questions. Please see the Announements sub-forum above.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete,

Upgraded to P3D4.4 as indicated in my initial post. The manual I referenced I printed from the last download when I was using P3Dv4.3 I believe, and I obviously didn't key on the date of the latest v5.15 download manual included therein. I probably had the thought in mind that there would be very minimal changes in the manual with a minor change in the P3D4 versions vice a new P3Dv5.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, paddler said:

The manual I referenced I printed from the last download when I was using P3Dv4.3 I believe

Well, that version of the manual dates to the first release ever of P3D (4.0), and the first of FSUIPC5. So I don't know how long ago you got your FSUIPC5, but if it was later than June 2017 it must have been from some unauthorised site.

34 minutes ago, paddler said:

I probably had the thought in mind that there would be very minimal changes in the manual with a minor change in the P3D4 versions vice a new P3Dv5.

But there were major changes in P3D between 4.0 and 4.4, and even more major changes in FSUIPC5 as features missing in the first release were added. The User Guide itself may not have changed substantially, but other parts of the supplied documentation did, as well of course as FSUIPC5 itself.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, that version of the manual dates to the first release ever of P3D (4.0), and the first of FSUIPC5. So I don't know how long ago you got your FSUIPC5, but if it was later than June 2017 it must have been from some unauthorised site.

Pete

Pete,

Bought FSUIPC5 from SIMMARKET 2107-06-04 and have only downloaded subsequently from this support forum. I trust that these are both authorized. if not please advise.

Rick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, paddler said:

Bought FSUIPC5 from SIMMARKET 2107-06-04 and have only downloaded subsequently from this support forum. I trust that these are both authorized.

The link at simMarket comes here, and the files are maintin ed me. so the files are always up to date. There have been problems one new version every month or two since 4th June 2017! How you could have updated and still had the version from that date defeats me! 😞

Maybe each time you did it you were re-downloading the exact same version from your server's cache? Please do check the version number in future.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.