The simFlight Network Forums

MakeRws & Lorby Scenery Export .exe

Recently installed P3D v4.4 along with FSUIPC5.  Iv'e installed MakeRws and the Lorby Scenery Export.exe.  My main add ons are Radar Contact and Orbix global sceneries (no individual airports).  If I understood your directions correctly, the Lorby Scenery Export file automatically takes care of everything.  Radar Contact Options has a button to run when ever you change scenery files although now I just click through the windows, and MakeRwys does not run.  I'm assuming this is because the Lorby Export file does it automatically.  If I assume correctly, then my next question is do I need to manually run the makerunways.exe and or Lorby Export. exe after making a scenery change?  P3d is running so good for me I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly.  As always, your products and advise are sure appreciated. 

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card,  32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.4

38 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

Radar Contact Options has a button to run when ever you change scenery files although now I just click through the windows, and MakeRwys does not run.

I don't rembermber that option?

What do you mean "just click through the windows"?

MakeRwys needs running in the same way as any other program -- double click on the mnu, or click on an icon for it if you created one.

40 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I'm assuming this is because the Lorby Export file does it automatically.

Does what, automatically? Providing you placed that program in the P3D folder with MakeRways, then the latter sees it and runs it automatically. you don't need to worry about it.

41 minutes ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I assume correctly, then my next question is do I need to manually run the makerunways.exe

Yes. That's always been the case. I honestly don't know how you've ever managed to run it before.

Maybe this RC button you mentioned is configured to run the program from a different folder, not the P3D root folder? Check that.

Pete