The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not using Saitek TPM

One more thing.  I think the reason the yoke is actually working is because it’s assigned in the Axis Assignments of P3D itself, I thought I was supposed to remove these and let FSUIPC do it.  But I don’t see how it can do both the stick and yoke.

6 minutes ago, PHII33 said:

Ok, I’m actually on that screen right now, Joystick Calibration tab.  All I see is an empty box that says Profile Specific

You mean the small check box. You click that if you want to use a profile for this aircraft. The fact that it is empty also means there's no profile already assign to your current aircraft.

You MUST have seen that and clicked on it before, else you couldn't have created any profiles at all, let alone 14!

9 minutes ago, PHII33 said:

4. When I move the yoke FSUIPC doesn’t see it but when I move the stick

So, you've never assigned any axis on that new connection for an aircraft with no profile. ou have probably only assigned it in the profiles for the aircraft you've loaded since plugging it in!

10 minutes ago, PHII33 said:

5. If I go to the Axis Assignment tab and move the yoke I see Joy# E, Y Axis.  And the numbers change as I move it.

Of course. That's where you assign it!

Why don't you click the Profile checkbox, then select your Bonanze profile, then see?

Pete

10 minutes ago, PHII33 said:

I think the reason the yoke is actually working is because it’s assigned in the Axis Assignments of P3D itself, I thought I was supposed to remove these and let FSUIPC do it.  But I don’t see how it can do both the stick and yoke.

You should disable controllers completely in P3D if you are assigning in FSUIPC. Choose one or the other.

I'm sorry, but i am reaching my limits in knowing how to explain things to you. i did step by step as you asked. i really think you may need some special turor, not me. I am a programmer, not a techer, and not a special needs techer for sure. I hope someone else will help here, but you may want to post in other Forums, such as AVSIM.

Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

You mean the small check box. You click that if you want to use a profile for this aircraft. The fact that it is empty also means there's no profile already assign to your current aircraft.

You MUST have seen that and clicked on it before, else you couldn't have created any profiles at all, let alone 14!

So, you've never assigned any axis on that new connection for an aircraft with no profile. ou have probably only assigned it in the profiles for the aircraft you've loaded since plugging it in!

Of course. That's where you assign it!

Why don't you click the Profile checkbox, then select your Bonanze profile, then see?

Pete

That’s just the problem, the Profile Specific box is grayed out, and it has a tick in the grayed out box.  I can’t do anything on this screen.

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

You should disable controllers completely in P3D if you are assigning in FSUIPC. Choose one or the other.

I'm sorry, but i am reaching my limits in knowing how to explain things to you. i did step by step as you asked. i really think you may need some special turor, not me. I am a programmer, not a techer, and not a special needs techer for sure. I hope someone else will help here, but you may want to post in other Forums, such as AVSIM.

Pete

Ok, no problem.

20 minutes ago, PHII33 said:
24 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

That’s just the problem, the Profile Specific box is grayed out, and it has a tick in the grayed out box.  I can’t do anything on this screen.

That means a profile already exists for this aircraft! The name is shown in the blue bar at the top of the options window. As I already said, you can't create a new profile or select a different one for an aircraft which already has one!  All of its assignments and so on are already loaded. You can edit those, of course, and that will affect all aircraft you assigned to this profile. Please refer back a message or three.

This is one of the consequences of abbreviating the aircraft name in the [Profile.Bonanza] list too much. Ffr example, for a 737, folks using PMDG 73'7s would often use "737NGX" which is the common name part of all of PMDG's 737, and leaves  other non-PMDG 737's to be easily assigned to other profiles, or new ones.

I'm afraid i'm off-line for a few hours now. I've just finished quite big dinner, prepared by my lovely wife, and need to retire for a while.

Pete