The simFlight Network Forums

run program in profiles

By creating a 'profile' you can assign buttons and switches etc. to a specific (group of) plane(s). So  I tried to create a [programs] section in the specific profile.ini file but the programs that I declare in that section do not load or execute.

If I declare these programs in the [programs] section in the main ini-file than they are loading or executing just fine. Is it possible to make a [programs] section in a specific profile ini-file so that I can run specific programs for a specific profile?

I hope someone can help me with this

2 minutes ago, stoelwinder said:

By creating a 'profile' you can assign buttons and switches etc. to a specific (group of) plane(s). So  I tried to create a [programs] section in the specific profile.ini file but the programs that I declare in that section do not load or execute.

The [Programs] section is not part of the Profile arrangements, which are currently concerned only with assignments, calibrations and plug-ins. But the facilities you want have been requested already in another thread -- quite recently -- and is on the list for implementation in FSUIPC5 during 2019. I can't promise a timescale. At 75 I am retiring from FSUIPC5 development and my son John will be taking over.

Pete

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Dear Pete,

Thank you for all that you've done over the many years for us FS addicts. You would be worthy of much greater gratitude

than I (myself) can offer.  It's impossible for me to imagine the number of hours you have expended to enrich our enjoyment

of the aviation business and hobby.

Very best wishes for a happy retirement.  And happy holidays too ~:)

Ken Boardman

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 12/12/2018 at 7:12 PM, Pete Dowson said:

is on the list for implementation in FSUIPC5 during 2019. I can't promise a timescale. At 75 I am retiring from FSUIPC5 development and my son John will be taking over.

It may be ungrateful, but I still want to inform you again whether this (long expected) option will be included in an upcoming version of FSUIPC? 🙂

This is still on my to-do list. Unfortunately, with the release of P3Dv5 and the upcoming MSFS release, I haven't had time to look at this yet, and don't expect to get around to this until the problems with MSFS/FSUIPC7 have been resolved. I will get around to this at some point though...!

Not to step on anyone's toes here..
For an interim solution why not use lua? ( available in profiles )
It works pretty good for most programs and is can be timed as wanted ( ipc.sleep(msecs) ). It gets called once, when done, it dies.

Some programs can be a pain as they just don't accept a second attribute within the lua for starting ( "start in" ).
For those I call a batch file from the lua to do all the work for starting. Works well.

• Like 1