The simFlight Network Forums

FeelThere purchased Steam Version but no install Instructions

KaptKurt

Hi,

Got Steam version from FeelThere of Tower!3d Pro.   FeelThere sent me a key but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to go into Steam and install the software without buying it again.  Anyone know how to do this?   Sorry if this was covered somewhere else but some searching of forums for installation and steam didn't show anything addressing this.   Alas, FeelThere did not * include this information in the emails they sent me.

These are the generic steam install instructions for any game -

If Steam isn't already running then Run the Steam Client on your computer.

Choose 'Library' to see your list of games.

Choose the game you wish to install and click on it.

Choose 'Install' to install the game.

And the feelThere purchase page states -

Notes: We provide a serial number with the purchase of this download version. Afterwards, you need to download this add-on via STEAM and activate it.

The product is not in my list of games under Library.  I should have noted that in my comments.   I saw on the feelThere site the comment

you noted.   Alas, it says to download this and I see no way to download the "add-on"  anywhere.  Only choice seems to be to add to cart and buy again.

Not going to buy it twice.   I should have checked steam in first place and just bought it there but thought the discount offer was only from the feelThere site when I

got the email.   So, anyway, back to square one....    how to install it if it does not show up in Library.   Probably an issue with feelThere not relaying this information to Steam?

Frustrating....   Have a feeling I just threw away hard earned money....

Found it!    In Steam, click on Games at very top left of window (hard to see grayed titles just above the easy to see word STORE and LIBRARY).

2.  Click Activate Product on Steam.

3.  Enter Registration key sent in the email (that lacks any reference on how to do this )

Steam will verify and begin install.    

* feelThere as they should have sent an email explaining this with receipt.

9 hours ago, KaptKurt said:

* feelThere as they should have sent an email explaining this with receipt.

I think FeelThere assumes that if you buy a Steam Key, you already know how to activate it in the Steam Client.

@FeelThere @FeelThere Ariel

Perhaps it is an idea to link to the corresponding Steam Knowledge Base article, with the purchase email.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 4:25 AM, EliGrim said:

I think FeelThere assumes that if you buy a Steam Key, you already know how to activate it in the Steam Client.

@FeelThere @FeelThere Ariel

Perhaps it is an idea to link to the corresponding Steam Knowledge Base article, with the purchase email.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

I would also recommend this.