Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
huskytech

Runway command not working

Recommended Posts

at KATL when is say "Callsign runway 8R" and so on the aircraft replies with "negative". I haven't tried this with any other airport. any help appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

I don't know KATL, but maybe the rwy is too short or the wind comes from the wrong direction?

If the runway is too short the aircraft replies with "Negative, the runway is too short"; and if the wind is out of limits the aircraft replies with "Negative, the crosswind is too high" (even if it is the tailwind component that is out of limits but the crosswind component is not).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, huskytech said:

at KATL when is say "Callsign runway 8R" and so on the aircraft replies with "negative". I haven't tried this with any other airport. any help appreciated.

I think that we will require a bit more information on this before we can really help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hexzed said:

I think that we will require a bit more information on this before we can really help. 

Agreed Ben.

@huskytech can you pad out your question with a few more details please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

is this after the plane says its ready to taxi or before because if the plane isn't ready to taxi it will say negative

the plane wasn't ready to taxi. thank you for helping me figure it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, winsaudi said:

If the runway is too short the aircraft replies with "Negative, the runway is too short"; and if the wind is out of limits the aircraft replies with "Negative, the crosswind is too high" (even if it is the tailwind component that is out of limits but the crosswind component is not).

Thanks for the informative clarification. I learn something new every day! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.