The simFlight Network Forums

LEBL Bugs

GoalieMedic

Another thing i observed and wanted to mention. In my opinion the planes taxiing on taxiways Mike and November that need to hold on Runway 2 hold way to close to the runway. 

This results in the wings of bigger planes strucking the noses of the holding planes. The hold points on this runway should be repositioned to make it look better and more realistic.

The issue with unrealistic or wrong holding points occurs on other airports as well, but i just saw it on LEBL again so i wanted to mention it!

Attached is a picture to see the stopping points of the planes:

20190120140924_1.thumb.jpg.44e0c19db521bd33571b4fc0e180ce17.jpg

3 hours ago, jonas243 said:

Another thing i observed and wanted to mention. In my opinion the planes taxiing on taxiways Mike and November that need to hold on Runway 2 hold way to close to the runway. 

This results in the wings of bigger planes strucking the noses of the holding planes. The hold points on this runway should be repositioned to make it look better and more realistic.

The issue with unrealistic or wrong holding points occurs on other airports as well, but i just saw it on LEBL again so i wanted to mention it!

Attached is a picture to see the stopping points of the planes:

20190120140924_1.thumb.jpg.44e0c19db521bd33571b4fc0e180ce17.jpg

I am putting together an email to Gabor for any updated SP for LEBL 're a similar thing I have noticed on the hold points on delta1 and echo1 for Rwy2 and where aircraft hold short of 25R on M so will add this to the email Jonas.

Rgds

Gary

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but it seems like it takes some planes a VERY long time to determine a path after being given taxi instructions, especially if they are going from the northern terminals to 7R/25L.

Also, any DLH aircraft that exit 25R at R6 don't seem to accept directions from me, but they will find their own path if I tell them to simply taxi to the terminal.

2 hours ago, battlehawk77 said:

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but it seems like it takes some planes a VERY long time to determine a path after being given taxi instructions, especially if they are going from the northern terminals to 7R/25L.

Also, any DLH aircraft that exit 25R at R6 don't seem to accept directions from me, but they will find their own path if I tell them to simply taxi to the terminal.

You should include a copy of your log of an issue like this comes up. 

On 1/19/2019 at 7:05 AM, 707FAN said:

@Pedantic G I think you're right. When you look at the info on BCN it says between 2300-0700 RWY 2 for arr & 7R for dep.

I tried using 2 for arr & 7L for dep but not enough time between arrivals to get them off 7L.

Kev M

Hi Kev,

Spent many hours looking at LEBL set up when testing this for Gabor and they never use RWY 2 for take offs and hardly ever use RWY2 approach and 7L for take offs during the hours outside of 2300-0700, probably as you say that it is just too busy.

If you want to have some fun and a real challenge for LEBL try running it just using 25L or 7R, dependent on winds when you run it, for takeoff and landings during the 0700 to 2300 hours as Barcelona did in late November/early December 2018 whilst they did some maintenance on 25R/7L. In real life the average delay time was nearly an hour during most days!

Have tried this using my own accurate custom schedule based on a day in November I built for testing purposes and its gets a tad busy 😅

Gary

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, battlehawk77 said:

Tried testing this one this morning and every DLH flight I tried using 25R @ R6 and gave taxi instructions to follow worked fine for me so not sure what the issue is. As Joe says, will probably need to see a log to work this one out

Gary

• 1 month later...

I found another one. I don't know whether it's one for @nyergesdesign or @FeelThere, but I got a ghost plane...

I was using @ATControl -- Joe's custom schedule when GES251 landed on 25R exiting at D5. I gave instructions to taxi to the GA apron via T, EN, S. But the aircraft remained just sitting there. However the tag was completely gone. The next aircraft, EXS231, exited at D5 - and drove right over the ghost of GES251. So did every other plane exiting on D5. There was no penalty, however, but...
The log says there was a NullReferenceException, so somehow the aircraft got lost. (You can find it in the log between line 66,238 and 66,248.)

And later (line 72,481 ff. - unfortunately without a picture of it) LXA251 took off from 25L, but never actually took off - it just ran over the runway threshold and went offroad. It also denied contacting departure. Must have been the SUV version of a DF9...

20190307_LEBL_GES251-ghost-plane1.jpg

20190307_LEBL_GES251-ghost-plane2.jpg

20190307_LEBL_ghost-plane_game.zip

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, jonas243 said:

Holding points at LEBL in general just seem to be suggestions... 😉

LEBL_Holding-lines.png