The simFlight Network Forums

MakeRwys and ORBX Probs

Hello Pete,

I have a big Problem with MakeRwys as statet in this post over at avsim: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/548892-makerwys-and-orbx-probs/

Long Story short: MakeRwys doesnt find any runways and so on. Over at Avsim they told me to contact u here for support. 

Thx in Advance :)

1 hour ago, frankyfirstt said:

Long Story short: MakeRwys doesnt find any runways and so on. Over at Avsim they told me to contact u here for support. 

I need to see the Log ("Runways.txt") file that it generates, and also the MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg file. If in addition you have AddonOrganizer, its dirplay export file (an html file obtained by right-clicking on its main window and opting to export it).

In the thread you referenced you said "Also the ORBX FTX VECTOR Configuration Tool does not seem to see any Airports anymore.". So doesn't that also indicate that you have some serious corruption in your installation somewhere?

You also said "Yesterday everything was fine. Nothing changed on my Config in that time. ", but changes do not happen without changes being made (unless you have a bad disk or faulty memory in the PC, of course).

Pete

Thx for ur Reply Pete. I attach the files I got.

For Pete.rar

You also said "Yesterday everything was fine. Nothing changed on my Config in that time. ", but changes do not happen without changes being made (unless you have a bad disk or faulty memory in the PC, of course).

Yes, that is true. I shut down my PC, restarted it the next day and since then I have these Problems. The only thing is that I use the new Version of MakeRwys.

When i remove MakeRwys and Lorbyexport ORBX Vector runs just fine btw.

Edited by frankyfirstt
Additional Information

1 hour ago, frankyfirstt said:

When i remove MakeRwys and Lorbyexport ORBX Vector runs just fine btw.

Well, those programs do nothing at all except when actually used, so what you are saying makes no sense whatsoever! If merely having another program file in the root folder of P3D causes ORBX software to fail, then they have some seriously bad programming and i suggest you report it!

Pete

Thanks for ur answer Pete.

All I can tell u is that all my Problems started after I inserted MakeRwys Version 4.865. Because I have no clue why it started I contacted u.

Should I find out the Problem I will report back to u.

Thank u again for trying to help me 🙂

The files you RARed are so short it would have been quicker simply to paste them.

MakeRwys isn't doing anything because there's nothing to do. Here's the total Scenery list as generated by LorbySceneryExport:

[General]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]
Title=

So it's the processing of your main Addons.XML file which fails. It isn't MakeRwys. Did you look at the display from AddOnOrganizer?  Does that show all the scenery correctly? (You can export the displayed details -- right click on it.  You get an .html file).

Try running MakeRwys with the Export program removed from the P3d folder. it will process your main scenery.cfg file, which should contain all of the default scenery, and probably the ORBX stuff (as I think they don't use the Addons.xml method). If that works then I think your main Addons xml (or cfg file) is corrupt. That'd probably be the one in the ProgramData or your AppData folder (or both?).

If MakeRwys works okay, then you need to ask the Lorby author about the Export program, because I've no idea how it works, what files it is processing.

If it doesn't work, I need to see your main Scenery.cfg file (in the ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder).

Pete