Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
flyunited1979

Flight number "0710" repeated

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm not sure why I'm seeing flight number "0710" repeated for what appears to be one specific AI aircraft type.

I've already re-ran Compile Airports and it's still showing up.

See below.

image.thumb.png.3f8e77e9b94e5fb420c0be22bed136c2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember there was a bug in this area which caused certain flights to be duplicated (when the AI flight appeared in the simulator, it wasn't reconciled correctly with the associated predicted flight).  What version of STB do you have?

Thanks
Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I looked at this one again.  To me the "0710" flights are all real AI in the simulator, so the 0710 is coming from the simulator or a scheduling.  If you want to double check you can either:

1) Install Traffic Toolbox Explorer which also reports flight numbers, but check once the flight has pushed back as the flight numbers aren't necessarily valid unti then.

or 2) Set up a verbose trace, reproduce the problem, send me the trace file.  What I need you to do is to connect once at least two of the problem flights are pushed back or later.  When you see that, close STB and send the the file.

Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, flying-w said:

Ok, I looked at this one again.  To me the "0710" flights are all real AI in the simulator, so the 0710 is coming from the simulator or a scheduling.  If you want to double check you can either:

1) Install Traffic Toolbox Explorer which also reports flight numbers, but check once the flight has pushed back as the flight numbers aren't necessarily valid unti then.

or 2) Set up a verbose trace, reproduce the problem, send me the trace file.  What I need you to do is to connect once at least two of the problem flights are pushed back or later.  When you see that, close STB and send the the file.

Simon

Simon, not sure if this matters, but I want to clarify that whenever I see 0710 flight numbers, those are always duplicates of the real flights.

In other words, the real flight with actual flight numbers show up in the sim and parked at the gate. I've never seen a "0710" flight number show up in the sim at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, flyunited1979 said:

Simon, not sure if this matters, but I want to clarify that whenever I see 0710 flight numbers, those are always duplicates of the real flights.

In other words, the real flight with actual flight numbers show up in the sim and parked at the gate. I've never seen a "0710" flight number show up in the sim at all. 

How are you determining the "actual flight numbers show up in the sim and parked at the gate"? All I see on your screenshot is real flights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flying-w said:

How are you determining the "actual flight numbers show up in the sim and parked at the gate"? All I see on your screenshot is real flights.

My mistake - you're right. 

I am not seeing the issue anymore, for some reason!  Not sure what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, no problem, if it shows up again please consider the problem determination suggestions from a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.