The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Powderpuff

STB & Prepar3d 4.4 & UTLIVE

STB works with Prepar3d v4.4. I use the latest releases of STB and Prepar3d 4.4 and UTlive. But the time given in STB are ??:?? is this correct? Then something else: after a period of time using Prepar3d 4.4 with STB and UTlive, i see a name of a carrier with a aircraft type. Pressing on it,  a different aircraft type is showing up. For example STB displays KLM b737 and looking at it, it's a complete different aircraft type and not KLM anymore. How come?

4 hours ago, Powderpuff said:

STB works with Prepar3d v4.4. I use the latest releases of STB and Prepar3d 4.4 and UTlive. But the time given in STB are ??:?? is this correct?

Yes, working as designed.  There's no API in UTLive like there was in UT2, so some information is missing and some things don't work.  See here for details:

http://www.supertrafficboard.com/ExternalSchedulingEngineSupport.html

4 hours ago, Powderpuff said:

Then something else: after a period of time using Prepar3d 4.4 with STB and UTlive, i see a name of a carrier with a aircraft type. Pressing on it,  a different aircraft type is showing up. For example STB displays KLM b737 and looking at it, it's a complete different aircraft type and not KLM anymore. How come?

This is a long standing bug in the simulator, even present in FSX all that time ago.  Instead of "View AI", try one of the other views such as one of the following from the context menu:

image.png.8508e1c1682c89c04ce329b95b043657.png

These have a different code path and I've not known them to fail.

Simon

On 1/26/2019 at 4:04 PM, flying-w said:

Yes, working as designed.  There's no API in UTLive like there was in UT2, so some information is missing and some things don't work.  See here for details:

http://www.supertrafficboard.com/ExternalSchedulingEngineSupport.html

This is a long standing bug in the simulator, even present in FSX all that time ago.  Instead of "View AI", try one of the other views such as one of the following from the context menu:

image.png.8508e1c1682c89c04ce329b95b043657.png

These have a different code path and I've not known them to fail.

Simon

Hello Simon,

Sorry for the late reply, but i was in your country with friends for a holiday 🙂

The above options works!

Thanks again, with kind regards, Johan

Good time to visit, who knows what will happen after March but it's not going to be good if carries on like this.

The views you refer to are part of what we cann "Enhanced View AI", and this is something that LM implemented very well in SimConnect for Prepar3D.  The observer based views (from runway, parking, etc) and very good also, and "flyby" is just outstanding!

Simon