The simFlight Network Forums
paul007

AIG flight plans

Hi

Is it possible for STB to read the flights plans from AIG ??

If so how do I set it. I can see all AI in STB. However no to or from data

Rgds

Paul

8 minutes ago, paul007 said:

Hi

Is it possible for STB to read the flights plans from AIG ??

If so how do I set it. I can see all AI in STB. However no to or from data

Rgds

Paul

STB reads all flight plans known to the simulator when you do "Compile Airport Database".  I don't understand what you mean by "no to or from data", that's something else.  Screenshot please?

Simon

Just now, flying-w said:

STB reads all flight plans known to the simulator when you do "Compile Airport Database".  I don't understand what you mean by "no to or from data", that's something else.  Screenshot please?

Simon

ok great.

I am referring to departure arrival. To - from locatons

Paul

Thanks Simon.

I can see the aircraft under all tab (attached). The objects folder is also empty. STB has imported the flight plans into its folder from AIG. But shows no aircraft information when I select the airport.

Paul (sorry I am confused)

IMG_6780.PNG

I have rerun the wizard and its found the AIG folder and flightplans. However, my airport shows no arrivals or departures. It knows the 110 AI aircraft are there.

Paul

This situation is something new.  All the information you see in the screen is provided by the simulator to STB.  If STB shows "????", that's the best information the simulator has to give.  The real question here is where are those flights coming from, are they really AIG or something else.  What you are seeing is typical of externally scheduled AI packages such as UTLive, but I've not come across a BGL based package having this effect before.

Please set up a verbose trace as per appendix C of the user guide, reproduce the problem as you see it, close STB, and send me the trace file please.

Thanks

Simon

These flights come from realtraffic.  I was hoping to integrate historical flight plans with STB from the AI.  Is that not possible? 

From the RealTraffic website: "Depending on which simulator you are flying, it then injects this traffic so you can fly with it, or foll".  And that's the problem, because the traffic is added externally rather than a traditional scenery file, the simulator only has very limited information available, which is why you see what you see on STB.

Please see http://www.supertrafficboard.com/ExternalSchedulingEngineSupport.html

Simon

Many thanks Simon.  You should consider adapting it for realtraffic.  Would make an excellent addon.  However, I am sure the effort and market might be small.  And not worth your aggravation factor.  Thanks for your help.  

Paul

22 hours ago, paul007 said:

Many thanks Simon.  You should consider adapting it for realtraffic.  Would make an excellent addon.  However, I am sure the effort and market might be small.  And not worth your aggravation factor.  Thanks for your help.  

Paul

For me to even consider doing so, they would need to provide and maintain an API.  Given how challenging that was with other vendors, it's hard to see happening here I'm sorry to say.