The simFlight Network Forums
rmcglew

1970's Vintage Airport and Aircraft

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been brought up already or not. What do you feel aboutĀ bringing back the glory of the jet age with 707's, DC-8, 727 etc? A new airport retro to the era? Be nice to see these old birds flying again.

A few years ago I brought up the idea of going back farther than that. Let's do DC-7s, Connies, Electras and Convairs. DCA or LGA would be perfect.

We talked to Gabor about this idea (I love it too! šŸ™‚Ā ) and the biggest problem is getting some sort of schedule for those days. Or could it be an all fantasy schedule?

Ā 

Vic

@pete_agreatguyĀ Since Real Traffic schedules arenā€™t refreshed, the issue is that sometimes they donā€™t age well.Ā 

Iā€™dĀ argue that someĀ custom schedules are more fictional than Real Traffic.Ā 

• Haha 1

I am sure there are some clever people on this forum of an age that could come up with a pretty realistic schedule that would be fit and appropriate for a retro period... On the subject of retro liveries this one comes back into service with BA on Monday to celebrate their 100th anniversary. Will stay on the aircraft (G-BYGC) until they retire it in 2023Ā šŸ˜

1107053832_BOAC747G-BYGC.thumb.jpg.92e7421a90702fab83868722194148ff.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! Great responses and enthusiasim. If it happens I'll be first to purchase. Of course this willĀ bring many new hours of gaming fun. Good luck> I remember growing up in Boston where I'd see BOAC VC-10. Love those days of plane spotting. My Aero Mini of Japan VC10. Best I could do.

Cheers2019-02-14 10.50.04.jpg

On 2/14/2019 at 6:02 AM, Robert Berry said:

If this is released, I believe it would be a top seller.Ā  I would love to see National, TWA, TTA and the list goes on and on.

I agree. Seeing those radials belch smoke when they crank up at the gate with theĀ  attendant sound effects would be pretty nice. This would certainly rejuvenate my interest in this game.

Ā