The simFlight Network Forums
Thunderbolt44

Trouble importing flightplands from FSC to P3 (solved by user)

Ten months or-so-ago, I finally made a complete transfer over to Prepar3Dv4.  Everything went terrific and I was especially happy to have both Radar Contact and FSC working just fine. I installed FSC from SimMarket and it was9.6 as I recall.  The only thing different I did was to add a Flight Simulator X Files to my P3Dv4 Files folder.  All I did, and still do, is when ever I want to fly one of my old FSX flight plans is I copy the FSX .pln file  into my Prepar3Dv4 Files folder and I'm good to go.  I could also add a new FSC flight plan and save it to my Flight Simulators X files folder and then copy it to P3D.  ( I have completely uninstalled FSX and Steam with a complete REVO deletion.)  I only use FSC for route planning so I was happy.  For some reason, a month or two ago I couldn't save the new FSC flight plan into FSX or P3D.  I have a bunch of flight plans made up that I normally use, but every once in a while I want a new one.  So after checking this forum, I downloaded FSC9.75 and checked my FSUIPc5.  From reading the 9.75 description, I was under the impression that FSC would load directly into the Prepar3Dv4 files.

My current FSC loads are as follows: FS Cmdr:  C:\FSC9;  Simulator Prepar3D:  C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4 and Prepar3D Flight Plans:  C:\Users\mbcic\Downloads\Documents\ Prepar3dV4 files.

So, any advice as to how I can load my new FSC flight plans into my Prepar3Dv4 Files folder will be appreciated.

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card,  32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.4

Hi Mike,

please post a screenshot in your next post that is "as close as possible to my screenshot".

Regards,

Volker

FSC_001.jpg

Hello,

I couldn't get a screenshot of it; so I am setting it forth:

FS Commander                            C:\FSC9

Simulator Prepar3d                     C:\LOCKHEED MARTIN\PREPAR3D V4

Prepar3d Flight Plans                 C:\Users\mbnic\Downloads\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

When Save/Load is pressed, it saves into FSC as normal.  It just doesn't show up in my Prepar3D v4 File

I'm wondering if my first entry should be:  C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC  ?

Take Care, Mike

FS Commander                            C:\FSC9

Line 1 is wrong!
Must be in your case FS Commander C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC  (see also the screenshot).
Created and saved FSC flight plans from the folder C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC can't be copied into folder
C:\Users\mbnic\Downloads\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files, because it's a different format.

It just doesn't show up in my Prepar3D v4 File

If LM Prepar3D is activated (see screenshot below), a flight plan in the right format is saved directly into the folder C:\Users\mbnic\Downloads\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files.

Regards,
Volker

FSC_002.jpg

Hi Volker,

What can I say, but Thank You.  I just don't know how I would get along without FSCmdr and Radar Contact.  These new programs just don't hack it as you do.  Both of us just need to keep hanging in there.  Sincerely,  Mike N.