The simFlight Network Forums
canonlam

Compile Airport error in P3Dv4.4

Hello all, 

I am a new member in this support forums, and I would need report an error during compile airport in my sim, any idea how can be fix?

*uninstall and reinstall was conducted but no help, thank you.

An exception occurred while trying to compile a new airports database.

As a result of this error, the default airport database will be used.  The default database does not contain flight schedules, airport data (runways and parking) or airport names you may have customized.  This may result in incorrect flight numbers being displayed, incorrect departures schedules for aircraft moved to the stand by approach control, and flight distance data will be more limited. 

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path1

Exception Stack Trace:

at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)

at FLW.Simulator.Objects.P3DAddonsDatabase.GetConfigs(List`1 simObjectConfigs, List`1 sceneryConfigs, Boolean includeDisabledItems) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AddonsDatabase.cs:line 65

at FLW.Simulator.Objects.P3DSimContentDatabase..ctor() in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\SimContentDatabase.cs:line 50

at FLW.Simulator.Objects.SimContentDatabaseFactory.Vend() in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\SimContentDatabase.cs:line 34

at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.PerformCompileSteps() in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 203

at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.Compile() in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 163

Hi, and welcome to the forum

It sounds like there's a problem in one of your add-on configuration files, P3D would moan about this also if content error reporting was enabled. As you can see, the error message is not exactly helpful so perhaps it's something I can handle better as well as identifying the underlyi problem.

Please could you do the following:

1. Set up a verbose trace as per Appendix C of the user guide.
  2. Reproduce the problem
  3. Close STB
  4. Grab the trace file and send it to me, (or add it here)
  5. Please mention what version of STB you have, as found in the "Help > About" menu.

Many thanks
Simon

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your prompt reply, following the "collecting trace" guide, please find the code in below.

Since I have try to uninstall and reinstall STB to see any help, so the version on this test is 4.0.2017.21200

Thank you very much

Edited by canonlam

Hi,

As you are at base level, the problem is not detailed in the trace.  Please install the beta and try again.  If it works, great, if it does not work, the beta is the starting point for a fix.

Please see:

My web page is out of date, and needs some work.  Please use the above.

Thanks
Simon

Hello,

following the "collecting trace" guide, please find the code in below with the beta version installed. Thank you.

Hi

Many thanks for the file.  If we find ourselves in this situation again please zip the file before uploading it here as the forum likes to expand .txt files inline which makes it rather hard to read.  In any case, I think the issue is here:

" Parsing FLW.Simulator.Objects.SimContentConfigItem entry:[Package.29], title:, folder:, enabled:True, supplier:C:\Users\Jimmy\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg."

It looks like you have an blank entry in your add-ons.cfg file found in Prepar3D Application Data.  Can you remove this item, or set enabled to false?  Having a blank title and folder is causing us a problem.  I will fix it in STB, but it will be a while before the next update due to other changes in progress at this time.

Thanks

Simon

Dear Simon,

Thanks your hard work support for fixing the problem in here,

I have delete the "add-ons.cfg" file and it look work.

Thank you very much again.