The simFlight Network Forums

New OS install

I just replaced my entire computer and reinstalled windows 7 64bit.  Whenever I go to click on Install FSUIPC 4 it comes up with a pop up to run so I do and then nothing ever happens, therefore I can't install it.  Firewall and Anti Virus are turned off.  UAC is set to none.  What could the complication be

The box that asks me to run the installer. I have highlighted run as administrator and that’s when the run prompt comes up. Then it does nothing. One thing I did was install my Windows 7 on my motherboard and CPU that is actually meant for windows 10. I had to download different chipset order to make Windows 7 work. I have installed other add-ons for flight simulator and programs with no problem but for some reason this one program does not want to install.

10 hours ago, abh_jc_03 said:

The box that asks me to run the installer. I have highlighted run as administrator and that’s when the run prompt comes up.

Sorry, I don't know of any "run" prompt. There isn't one producved by the Installer.

10 hours ago, abh_jc_03 said:

I also have him simconnect already installed

FSUIPC doesn't need Simconnect "installed". It is built into P3D. You only need to install the separate Simconnect libraries for old programs which use Legacy versions of SimConnect.

Pete

22 minutes ago, abh_jc_03 said:

It is FSX I am trying to install. I will take a screenshot when I try again again. 

No, please don't bother. Do not try to install FSUIPC until you have installed FSX first! Also FSX at least once before attempting to install anything else.

Screenshots are not often useful in any case. A verbal description is far batter.

Pete

18 minutes ago, abh_jc_03 said:

I installed FSX with sp 1 and the sp  2 already. 

So why did you just say:

46 minutes ago, abh_jc_03 said:

It is FSX I am trying to install.

????

Please just describe what you are doing with "Install FSUIPC4.exe" and what you see. Try to be precise, because you've told me very little so far.

Pete

There is one thing but I don’t think it should matter since windows 7 64 bit home premium is installed. My new Asus ROG crosshair VII hero and Ryzen 7 2700x CPU don’t support Windows 7 but I was able to do some work around a and install it. I have installed numerous addons since the OS but for some can’t get FSUIPC to install.  

3 hours ago, abh_jc_03 said:

I am right clicking and selecting run as afmistrator. Once I do that, a prompt pops up asking if I want to run the installation.

It is that prompt I don't understand. FSUIPC's Installer has no such prompt. Is it from Windows, or from some other program you are using?

Maybe a pic of just that prompt is needed after all, as you seem unable to describe it.

8 hours ago, abh_jc_03 said:

I I tried troubleshooting compatibility and it Said incompatible application

Not very helpful then. Doesn't it say what about your OS is incompatible with my standard Visual Dtudio coding?  It is specifically targetted at Windows 7, but also fully compatible with Windows 10 (I use both here)?  Perhaps the problem you mentioned with Windows 7 compatibility on your PC has actualy prevented a fully normal Windows 7 being included and set up correctly.

Try setting a different "compatibility" type in the program's properties.

And don't forget to terminate those two hung processes in Task Manager.

Pete